• Reply to: Coming Up   32 weeks 4 days ago
  • Reply to: Coming Up   35 weeks 2 days ago

See interview with Victoria Hislop, which includes a brief extract read by Dan -

Download from audible.co.uk

Also a brief extract available on Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/headline-books/cartes-postales-from-greece-victor...

• Reply to: Legion: new FX promos   35 weeks 3 days ago
  • Reply to: Legion: new FX promos   35 weeks 5 days ago

Re High maintenance. Is it possible to still get Rachel? Keep getting 27 secs of trailer for new series. Won't play saved on tablet just repeats trailer.

Would appreciate any info as I thought Dan was superb in this episode and would like to see his latest role.

• Reply to: High Maintenance: new series teaser   35 weeks 6 days ago

Does anyone know how to access this in the UK? Loved the "Rachel" episode but don't seem to be able to get this now either.

• Reply to: Style Magazine Italia photoshoot   36 weeks 5 days ago

Can someone translate the article to English

• Reply to: Legion: new FX promos   36 weeks 5 days ago

This series looks as though it could be good. Not really into Xmen, Marvel etc so wonder if this can stand alone. Hope it's not another thing that can only be seen in US like the promos.

Dan looks younger in this, almost like his pre Downton days! Seems to be able to pull off any look or style and still look good!

• Reply to: Coming Up   38 weeks 2 days ago

Is there still a way to hear Dan's reading of the Alice in Wonderland chapter?

• Reply to: Beauty and the Beast: first look at Dan's Prince/Beast   38 weeks 3 days ago

This is a truly terrific photo of Dan, looking very relaxed and happy. Job well done I guess. Lets have more pls.

• Reply to: Beauty and the Beast: first look at Dan's Prince/Beast   38 weeks 4 days ago

Dan Stevens in new role as Rapunzel!? Seriously though this film should be a huge hit, has great cast. Must have been difficult making up Dan as The Beast!

• Reply to: Coming Up   38 weeks 5 days ago

Victoria Hislop & Dan Stevens will be narrating Victoria's latest book - "Cartes Postales from Greece"

“Cartes Postales from Greece is an extraordinary new audiobook from Victoria Hislop, the Sunday Times number one best-selling author of The Island, The Return, The Thread and The Sunrise. It is fiction in full colour - magical and unique.
    Week after week the postcards arrive, addressed to a name Ellie does not know, with no return address, each signed with an initial: A. With their bright skies, blue seas and alluring images of Greece, these cartes postales brighten her life. After six months, to her disappointment, they cease. But the montage she has created on the wall of her flat has cast a spell. She must see this country for herself.
    On the morning Ellie leaves for Athens, a notebook arrives. Its pages tell the story of a man’s odyssey through Greece. Moving, surprising and sometimes dark, A’s tale unfolds with the discovery not only of a culture but also of a desire to live life to the full once more.”

Release date advised as 22nd September 2016 Available to pre-order from audible.co.uk

• Reply to: High Maintenance: new series teaser   39 weeks 1 day ago

Are we still waiting for a release date for The Ticket & Oppenheimer Strategies? No news yet revues for The Ticket were in the press months ago.

• Reply to: High Maintenance: new series teaser   41 weeks 4 days ago

What is happening with this film? Seen reviews but can't find out if it has been released in UK, or whether it is on DVD. So many films seem to go this way, really annoying after all the publicity. Must be frustrating for all involved with these films after all the hard work and money that goes into them.

• Reply to: What do you think of Dan's 'new look'?   41 weeks 4 days ago

Hated that movie with Liam Neeson...Dan is ever so much better than that junk. Very disappointed in that lousy movie..he did well in his character, but really low life!

• Reply to: High Maintenance: new series teaser   42 weeks 2 days ago

Great films. Looking forward to new series. Dan was exccellent in "Rachel". Hope that episode will still be available on line.

• Reply to: Legion: first trailer released   43 weeks 3 days ago

Downton Abbey was screened in many countries not just UK and US, making Dan known to a wide audience. His films and tv work need to be more widely available as Matthew Crawley may be the only role that he is known for in some countries.

It is good that Dan is expanding the range of roles and genres he plays and deserves all praise for this. From comedy to fast action he excels and deserves wider recognition and this will only happen with adequate promotion.

• Reply to: Legion: first trailer released   43 weeks 5 days ago

Dan's advisors promoting him in films and tv work that mostly screens in the US.Agree that some of it accessable via the internet but not always.

Dan is popular both in the UK and USA but at the moment British fans appear to be getting something of a raw deal. This web site does a fantastic job in keeping us up to date but it is obvious that Dan's agents want to build him up for their own market.

I have been an admirer of his work for several years and thought he'd made the right move in leaving Downton and trying his hand in the US. His performance in The Guest won critical acclaim but had limited exposure in the UK. When I mention Dan's name I'm frequently met with a blank look and "Who?",which the reply "The fellow who died on Xmas day in Downton" usually brings recognition.

After nearly 4 years and all the work he has done, it is sad that he seems to be only known for this! His advisors need to accept that they are doing him no favours with this US bias.

• Reply to: Legion: first trailer released   43 weeks 5 days ago

Dan is doing what he wants to do, where he wants to do it, with his family around him, expanding his range of roles, exploring new genres, meeting new challenges. We know, & he knows, he is more than capable when it comes to period, traditional roles, but he does not want to stay within the confines of those works.
    He has often spoken of his love of stage productions and will no doubt return to the theatre, maybe on both sides of the Atlantic.
    Of course I would like to see him doing more work that is more readily available within the UK but it is possible to access much of it via DVDs or the internet. For example his literary/poetry readings in New York are/were available from iTunes.
    As for films, well, many of those recently completed are yet to be released, via cinema, DVDs or VOD - The Ticket, Oppenehimer Strategies, Colossal, Redivider, Marshall, Permission, Legion & of course Beauty & The Beast. 2017 is going to an amazing year!
    One field of work I do miss very much is his audiobook work, nothing new of late, but it is no displeasure to listen to & enjoy again any of the books that he has performed. I expect that in due course, he will narrate more books....meanwhile I will continue to watch whatever he does....I have to say I have followed him into genres I had not visited before and have been very agreeably surprised. So, thank you Dan, for having the courage to follow your dreams & open my mind to new ventures.

• Reply to: Legion: first trailer released   43 weeks 5 days ago

Well, I certainly can't wait to watch you act in any movie or tv program. I may not be into this type of genre, but it definitely helps watching something when your favorite actor is starring in it. Same goes for 'The Guest.' I would have never even thought about watching that movie, but I want to see all of the different roles you put yourself into. I don't have the FX channel, but I will most definitely be signing back up to Hulu just to be able to watch this. Hopefully it'll be available to watch on there

• Reply to: Legion: first trailer released   43 weeks 6 days ago

I hardly know where to begin. Its another of the weird movies you have been making Dan. I just dont get it. Why are you being offered and then agreeing to make these films? I realise one has to make a living, dont we all? But I guess its a generation thing, but its another film I shall not be watching.
    We dont get your movies here in the UK anyway.
    Its such a shame that you are not being offered roles that could really can show what you are about, Dan. We in the UK are familiar with your talents either on stage, or t.v. but these kind of roles are not furthering your career. I only hope I am around to see "Beauty and the Beast" next year. That surely must be worth watching.
    So Sorry Dan. You are worth so much more. Get rid of your Agents or whoever is advising you. They are killing your career. I could do a better job than these guys. Trust me.

• Reply to: Backstage at Broadway's HAMILTON   45 weeks 12 hours ago

Fun video. Dan looks a bit uncomfortable at times though. Maybe it's the hat!

• Reply to: Backstage at Broadway's HAMILTON   45 weeks 1 day ago

Good to see them all having some fun, and even better to hear & see them singing!!!

• Reply to: Marshall: cast photos from press conference   45 weeks 6 days ago

Whèn oh when (or if) will The Ticket be released in UK? So frustrating reading good reviews of this film, yet again UK left waiting.

• Reply to: Marshall: cast photos from press conference   46 weeks 4 days ago

Thank you for this update.....it's lovely to see such acknowledgement by the cast & crew.

Let's hope it won't be too long before Marshall is released.

• Reply to: Guardian looks at Legion series & news for feature film Marshall   46 weeks 4 days ago

You do a fantastic job with this site, keeping us up to date with what Dan is doing. Appreciate all the work you put in to it. Many thanks.

• Reply to: Marshall: cast photos from press conference   46 weeks 4 days ago

What a lovely gesture from both sides.

I hate the ads too, but I have no income at all to pay for the server and keep the site online, and I am trialling the smallest ad I can find, to see if it can help. It's Google who choose the ads, I have no say in it. Sorry.

• Reply to: Guardian looks at Legion series & news for feature film Marshall   47 weeks 2 days ago
    Ads

Does anyone else hate the dreadful ads that keep appearing on this site? Russian Babes??? Inappropriate and cheapening to a good site. Intrusive and difficult to remove. Realise they may bring in revenue but if we have to have them, could they be of better quality merchandise and services?

• Reply to: Guardian looks at Legion series & news for feature film Marshall   48 weeks 5 days ago

My 2 granddaughters are big fans. Have admired his work since Line of Beauty and told them to look out for
    him in Downton. Looking forward to taking them to see Beauty and the Beast. They are 13 and 15 me? Let's just say old emough to be Mr Stevens mother!

• Reply to: Guardian looks at Legion series & news for feature film Marshall   49 weeks 4 days ago

So nice to read such positive comments. Agree he will have a long and varied career.