• Reply to: Legion: first trailer released   1 year 11 hours ago

Downton Abbey was screened in many countries not just UK and US, making Dan known to a wide audience. His films and tv work need to be more widely available as Matthew Crawley may be the only role that he is known for in some countries.

It is good that Dan is expanding the range of roles and genres he plays and deserves all praise for this. From comedy to fast action he excels and deserves wider recognition and this will only happen with adequate promotion.

• Reply to: Legion: first trailer released   1 year 2 days ago

Dan's advisors promoting him in films and tv work that mostly screens in the US.Agree that some of it accessable via the internet but not always.

Dan is popular both in the UK and USA but at the moment British fans appear to be getting something of a raw deal. This web site does a fantastic job in keeping us up to date but it is obvious that Dan's agents want to build him up for their own market.

I have been an admirer of his work for several years and thought he'd made the right move in leaving Downton and trying his hand in the US. His performance in The Guest won critical acclaim but had limited exposure in the UK. When I mention Dan's name I'm frequently met with a blank look and "Who?",which the reply "The fellow who died on Xmas day in Downton" usually brings recognition.

After nearly 4 years and all the work he has done, it is sad that he seems to be only known for this! His advisors need to accept that they are doing him no favours with this US bias.

• Reply to: Legion: first trailer released   1 year 2 days ago

Dan is doing what he wants to do, where he wants to do it, with his family around him, expanding his range of roles, exploring new genres, meeting new challenges. We know, & he knows, he is more than capable when it comes to period, traditional roles, but he does not want to stay within the confines of those works.
    He has often spoken of his love of stage productions and will no doubt return to the theatre, maybe on both sides of the Atlantic.
    Of course I would like to see him doing more work that is more readily available within the UK but it is possible to access much of it via DVDs or the internet. For example his literary/poetry readings in New York are/were available from iTunes.
    As for films, well, many of those recently completed are yet to be released, via cinema, DVDs or VOD - The Ticket, Oppenehimer Strategies, Colossal, Redivider, Marshall, Permission, Legion & of course Beauty & The Beast. 2017 is going to an amazing year!
    One field of work I do miss very much is his audiobook work, nothing new of late, but it is no displeasure to listen to & enjoy again any of the books that he has performed. I expect that in due course, he will narrate more books....meanwhile I will continue to watch whatever he does....I have to say I have followed him into genres I had not visited before and have been very agreeably surprised. So, thank you Dan, for having the courage to follow your dreams & open my mind to new ventures.

• Reply to: Legion: first trailer released   1 year 3 days ago

Well, I certainly can't wait to watch you act in any movie or tv program. I may not be into this type of genre, but it definitely helps watching something when your favorite actor is starring in it. Same goes for 'The Guest.' I would have never even thought about watching that movie, but I want to see all of the different roles you put yourself into. I don't have the FX channel, but I will most definitely be signing back up to Hulu just to be able to watch this. Hopefully it'll be available to watch on there

• Reply to: Legion: first trailer released   1 year 3 days ago

I hardly know where to begin. Its another of the weird movies you have been making Dan. I just dont get it. Why are you being offered and then agreeing to make these films? I realise one has to make a living, dont we all? But I guess its a generation thing, but its another film I shall not be watching.
    We dont get your movies here in the UK anyway.
    Its such a shame that you are not being offered roles that could really can show what you are about, Dan. We in the UK are familiar with your talents either on stage, or t.v. but these kind of roles are not furthering your career. I only hope I am around to see "Beauty and the Beast" next year. That surely must be worth watching.
    So Sorry Dan. You are worth so much more. Get rid of your Agents or whoever is advising you. They are killing your career. I could do a better job than these guys. Trust me.

• Reply to: Backstage at Broadway's HAMILTON   1 year 1 week ago

Fun video. Dan looks a bit uncomfortable at times though. Maybe it's the hat!

• Reply to: Backstage at Broadway's HAMILTON   1 year 1 week ago

Good to see them all having some fun, and even better to hear & see them singing!!!

• Reply to: Marshall: cast photos from press conference   1 year 2 weeks ago

Whèn oh when (or if) will The Ticket be released in UK? So frustrating reading good reviews of this film, yet again UK left waiting.

• Reply to: Marshall: cast photos from press conference   1 year 3 weeks ago

Thank you for this update.....it's lovely to see such acknowledgement by the cast & crew.

Let's hope it won't be too long before Marshall is released.

• Reply to: Guardian looks at Legion series & news for feature film Marshall   1 year 3 weeks ago

You do a fantastic job with this site, keeping us up to date with what Dan is doing. Appreciate all the work you put in to it. Many thanks.

• Reply to: Marshall: cast photos from press conference   1 year 3 weeks ago

What a lovely gesture from both sides.

I hate the ads too, but I have no income at all to pay for the server and keep the site online, and I am trialling the smallest ad I can find, to see if it can help. It's Google who choose the ads, I have no say in it. Sorry.

Ads

Does anyone else hate the dreadful ads that keep appearing on this site? Russian Babes??? Inappropriate and cheapening to a good site. Intrusive and difficult to remove. Realise they may bring in revenue but if we have to have them, could they be of better quality merchandise and services?

• Reply to: Guardian looks at Legion series & news for feature film Marshall   1 year 5 weeks ago

My 2 granddaughters are big fans. Have admired his work since Line of Beauty and told them to look out for
    him in Downton. Looking forward to taking them to see Beauty and the Beast. They are 13 and 15 me? Let's just say old emough to be Mr Stevens mother!

• Reply to: Guardian looks at Legion series & news for feature film Marshall   1 year 6 weeks ago

So nice to read such positive comments. Agree he will have a long and varied career.

It is indeed sad to see such comments, however I don't think that they are justified or even relevant....Dan has chosen to live in New York, not necessarily permanently, but to experience life there. London & New York share much in the way of artistic & creative thinking, and the ocean in between is not really a prohibitive factor these days. He frequents both cities and of course the film industry has many centres of excellence.

Dan has been incredibly busy in the past few years, working hard to establish himself, supporting his much loved family, following his interests, broadening his horizons and constantly seeking new challenges, genres, characters - The Guest, A Walk Among The Tombstones, Night at the Museum, Criminal Activities, The Ticket, Permission, Oppenheimer Strategies, Colossal, Redivider, and Beauty and The Beast - all demonstrate Dan's ability to encompass these aims.

Along the way Dan has also taken part in poetry & literary readings, (sadly for us in the UK), in the USA, but at least we have been able to listen to these via the technology of today which has very few boundaries!

No doubt, in time, he will do more stage work, his love of theatre is well known, and I personally hope that he will also be able to do more audiobook narration - he is an absolute master in this field of literary communication.

Personally I look forward to his long and varied career - it is likely to be a most interesting one.
    Thank you Dan!

Sad to see comments about Dan selling out to Hollywod on some sites. Actors have to make a living like the rest of us and he has a family to support. Think of any actor and you could question their choice of roles and appearances in the media, from Helen Mirren doing ads to Colin Firth in St Trinian's. The problem is the danger of becoming a "celebrity", with overload. Perhaps quality is the key like the Jaguar ads and the Armani promotion, both classy...just like the man himself!

• Reply to: Aubrey Plaza – ‘Before The Fall’ Book launch party photos   1 year 6 weeks ago

Dan nearly always looks great. Agree prefer less styled
    look buStt perhaps not suitable on this occasion. Perhaps not a doughnut but a bagel or two!

Well, thats a bit rough. Dan changes his appearance so many times I sometimes wonder if its the same Dan I know. At least he is clean shaven.

Dan looks skinny and a bit "processed". Muss up a bit and have a doughnut!

• Reply to: Legion: FX picks up pilot to series   1 year 8 weeks ago

It's so good to see Dan taking on so many new challenges - I hope that we will be able to see Legion, and more, in the UK.

• Reply to: Legion: FX picks up pilot to series   1 year 8 weeks ago

This looks really good. Hope available in UK. Sure would have wide appeal.

• Reply to: Legion: FX picks up pilot to series   1 year 8 weeks ago

so cool :) can't wait! you're really putting yourself out there a lot lately! well done. :)

ps sosososo excited to see you in beauty and the beast!

• Reply to: Beauty and the Beast: first teaser online   1 year 9 weeks ago

Teaser? Guest? Love it!

• Reply to: Beauty and the Beast: first teaser online   1 year 9 weeks ago

This should be something really special!

• Reply to: Beauty and the Beast: first teaser online   1 year 9 weeks ago

Love reference to guest! Wonder if intentional? Looks as though will very good film from this clip.

• Reply to: Redivider: film sales news   1 year 9 weeks ago

I was not intimating that it is Dan.s fault. I was NOT blaming him, but querying his choices as suggested by his representatives. He has worked so hard to establish himself as a splendid actor, but is being wasted by persons who do not understand him. Having said that, he is intellegent enough in the past to have made some great decisions, but he is not being allowed to use his superior skills. AND he can also say NO. but maybe it is not in his interest to do this.

• Reply to: Coming Up   1 year 9 weeks ago
  • Reply to: Redivider: film sales news   1 year 9 weeks ago
    WME

WME are US agents. USELESS! See past comments. Need to change, Dan, bad PR has been going on too long.

• Reply to: Redivider: film sales news   1 year 9 weeks ago

Sorry should have been Belfrage.