• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: final episode tonight   6 years 27 weeks ago

....and what a great episode it was! I have already watched again to pick up on those lost/missed moments. Only 7 weeks until the Christmas Special!!
    Hoping Series 4 will materialise, and with all the familiar faces (some new as well!) and that Dan will give us some more fantastic Matthew/Mary, Matthew/Tom, Matthew/Downton moments and more!
    So glad that The Heiress has been so well received, would love to have seen it but I am in the UK. Well done to all - love the accent Dan, but don't lose your British one!

• Reply to: Which of Dan's projects are you most looking forward to?   6 years 27 weeks ago

Mr. Stevens I have told you before "You are such a sweetheart ".....excellent final episode of Downton Abbey last night . I waited all week with trepidation wondering what would transpire in the final scenes but admit through teary eyes I was happy .

I love the more assertive Matthew especially when he is cross with the Lord ( deservedly so as Robert is stuck in a timewarp) and the contrast in the softness with his beloved Mary who has become a nicer person since her marriage , the sad loss of her sister and the arrival of the baby Sybil who they both clearly adore.

If there is to be a fourth series it will not be the same if you are not part of it , your British fans are all behind you wherever your career takes you and we will be happy for you but America is not the be all and end all for our British actors .....fake accents ..horrid !

Please consider finishing what you started ....
    P.S love the cricket scenes , you look fab in whites !

• Reply to: Which of Dan's projects are you most looking forward to?   6 years 28 weeks ago

Dan Stevens, please don't leave the Downton Abbey Series. I am really looking forward to the 4th season and I hope that you will be in all of the episodes. This show will not be the same without you.

-An American Viewer

STILL WAITING HERE IN THE US FOR SEASON 3 TO START, AND RE-ENJOYING THE EARLIER EPISODES IN THE MEANTIME. WHAT A GEM OF ACTING AND JUST MAGNIFICENT PRODUCTION. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN YOUR CRICKET GARB, DAN! WHETHER YOU GO ON TO A 4TH SERIES OR NOT, AND FRANKLY I CANT IMAGINE A ANY SEASON WITHOUT YOU, EVERY GOOD FORTUNE TO YOU IN ANY AND ALL ENDEAVORS, I WILL BE ROOTING FOR YOU! OH, AND KEEP READING.....
    JEAN/USA

Come on, Dan - you'll be perfectly able to keep Downton going as well as any possible new theatre or films that may come your way. Don't kill your golden goose nor cross the Rubicon - you never know when you might need a "back-up plan".

I know it's natural for a young man to want fresh fields and pastures new (gee, I'm getting ALL the old cliches in here!) BUT there's no harm in keeping a safety rope attached, just in case.

Perhaps Julian Fellowes might agree to write you in an "American venture" to explain your absences!

On behalf of all your anxious fans, Love from Linda (UK)

• Reply to: The Heiress: opening night video from Broadway.com   6 years 28 weeks ago

I saw that, the quotes from it are in a previous post. Lovely to see Dan's performance so well received. Let me know if you spot anything else!

There was a very good report in the Daily Telegraph on Friday - very nice comments about Dan.

Hi Dan, Please please please please .......................be in all the series of Downton Abbey. I love Mary and Matthew both. Please stay.

• Reply to: The Heiress: Backstage.com interview   6 years 28 weeks ago

I totally agree with the above comments, and most certainly, The Time Keeper is incredibly good. Dan's reading of this is superb.

• Reply to: The Heiress: Backstage.com interview   6 years 28 weeks ago

Dan Stevens is a wonderful reader . He's one of those actors that have a very distinctive voice. You'll recognize it when you hear it. Unfortunately, some of the audio books are not available in the US. UK Audible.com cannot have US subscriber. I don't know why.

Since I am a slow reader, I prefer audio books because it reduces the time you spend reading a book. At the same time you can multi-task. I can also read the book as many times as time allows.

Having Dan's audio books makes me read books I probably would not pick on my own. It also makes me interested in some of the book for young adults like Young Sherlock Holmes, Dragon's Eye, which is about dragons which I would never think of reading on my own. After hearing the sample reading I got interested in it because of the way he read it.

I have listened to all his audio books at least twice, some more than that, especially Young Sherlock Holmes, I can't count how many times I'd listened to it.

I can't wait to get his new audio "The Time Keeper." I seem to have problem ordering it because no one can tell me who the reader is. I'll probably just order it from Amazon UK.

• Reply to: The Heiress: Backstage.com interview   6 years 28 weeks ago

I couldn't agree more with the above comment. The range of accents and voices that he covers is incredible. I too am working my way through.

• Reply to: The Heiress: Backstage.com interview   6 years 28 weeks ago

• Reply to: The Heiress: BWW sneak preview & opening night   6 years 28 weeks ago

Very best wishes for the opening and really looking forward to seeing it in December.

Good luck and commiserations to everyone in NY affected by the storm - we are watching it on TV news.
    Pat

• Reply to: The Heiress: Backstage.com interview   6 years 28 weeks ago

How right you are!
    Dan's readings are truly wonderful - only a few still left to hear, so I shall have to start again then! More new releases soon I hope!
    If you haven't heard one, please try to do so, they put a whole new slant on books, even if you are an avid reader yourself.

Good luck and best wishes for today's opening night.

Also sympathy & good wishes to all those affected in New York and all the areas hit by the storm.

from a well-wisher in the UK.

• Reply to: The Heiress: NPR preview   6 years 28 weeks ago

DO HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY RIDE OUT THIS LATEST DISPLAY OF MOTHER NATURES WRATH SAFELY AND WARMLY. HOPE YOU HAVE LOTS OF READING MATERIAL!

• Reply to: My Week: Sunday Telegraph 7 October   6 years 28 weeks ago

I love the fact that Mr Stevens career is progressing and that he is gaining ground so quickly in America but at what cost to his fans in Britain and not least the British industry .

I for one , would hate to see him tainted and trashed by Hollywood , but he seems a very well grounded young man with a young family and I am sure that he not be swayed too do anything which is not right for him , his wife or his children . He has many talents and could secure his future in many directions ...

I hope that England's green and pleasant land and his love of cricket will draw Dan back home soon .

• Reply to: The Heiress: NPR preview   6 years 29 weeks ago

Thanks for spotting my error!

• Reply to: The Heiress: NPR preview   6 years 29 weeks ago

Thanks for the link.

Also, I think that it should read Episode 7 tonight - looking forward to it VERY MUCH!

• Reply to: My Week: Sunday Telegraph 7 October   6 years 29 weeks ago

I totally agree with the comments made by Writing vs Acting. We can only hope that Dan won't be seduced by Holywood - but I hang on to the belief that he is too intelligent to let it taint him.

• Reply to: My Week: Sunday Telegraph 7 October   6 years 29 weeks ago

It is very clear that Mr. Stevens has a secure future in writing if he ever becomes bored with acting. He is well educated, highly literate, a loving husband and father and serious and sincere in what he does. If only the American entertainment industry could pluck a feather from his cap and raise the bar for their own projects. There is a solid well founded reason, why Mr. Stevens career is gaining ground so quickly in the U.S. American audiences are starved for culture, gentility, manners, self respect, dignity, quality and talent. Mr. Stevens has the power of a Spencer Tracy, or Gregory Peck. Something we have not seen here for generations. My only fear, as Mr. Stevens flirts with the idea of residing in America, is that we will taint him and turn him into Hollywood trash, only to have his well protected private life become the fodder of gab magazines. As much as I love seeing Dan's noble profile walking in the theater district, I would rather he went home than lower his standards. Can he raise ours? I hope so.

• Reply to: The Heiress: BBC Radio 4 Front Row interview   6 years 29 weeks ago

I have no doubt that Dan will handle the American accent required in "The Heiress" to perfection. He cannot miss, with that enthralling voice of his, to carry it off. Just remain very British, Dan, the best example of what the English language can and should sound like. Cheers, Lad!
    from the USA

• Reply to: The Heiress: BBC Radio 4 Front Row interview   6 years 29 weeks ago

Thank you for the link - an interesting and pleasing interview.

• Reply to: My Week: Sunday Telegraph 7 October   6 years 29 weeks ago

Guess its hard to avoid, but I was disappointed that Dan chimed in on all this political nonsense (that goes on on both sides of the ocean). It doesn't surprise me tthat Dan is on the Obama celebrity list. And... "Mormon Mitt" is a good and decent man, all politics and religion aside. Strange isn't it, everyone hates the "rich guy"....but everyone wants to be one.

• Reply to: The Heiress: first look at Dan as Morris Townsend   6 years 29 weeks ago

WONDERFUL ARTICLE AND STUNNING PICTURE OF DAN. LUCKY NEW YORKERS AND VISITORS ABLE TO SEE "THE HEIRESS" WHEN IT OFFICIALLY OPENS. I EXPECT GRAND REVIEWS! NOT TOO IMPRESSED WITH THE TRAILERS FOR "VAMPS", BUT I'M SURE DAN WILL MANAGE TO RAISE THE BAR THERE. BLESSINGS IN ALL THINGS, DAN!

• Reply to: Man Booker Prize interview for The Daily Beast   6 years 30 weeks ago

I PARTICULARLY LOVE THIS PHOTO OF DAN, AND THE CLASSY SIMPLICITY OF HIS OUTFIT. WHEN YOU ARE THAT HANDSOME THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO "GILD THE LILY" ANY MORE. GOOD TASTE, DAN! I HAVE ONLY SEEN PHOTOS OF HIS NATURALLY DARK HAIR, AND FRANKLY.....I LOVE IT!
    from the USA

• Reply to: NY Daily News & North Jersey.com interviews   6 years 30 weeks ago

LOVE THE ARTICLES ETC MADE AVAILABLE TO US AT THIS FINE WEB SITE. WHEN WILL DAN'S LATEST CONTRIBUTION TO TELEGRAPH BE UPLOADED FOR US?? I AWAIT HIS WRITINGS SO EAGERLY. AND THANK YOU SO MUCH....
    from the USA

Nothing to add really, but just to say that above photograph of Dan is one of his best, but when did he ever take a bad photo? Pat Giles. ( even getting used to his blonde hair after all these years. Very best wishes to Dan in his future roles and career.

Wonderful article re the Man Booker Award and Dan's participation from start to finish. Especially gratified to read that he fully intends to continue with his own writing, as I so look forward to his articles for the Telegraph and The Junket. Dan Stevens is truly a gifted Renaissance man. How refreshing!

• Reply to: Vogue photoshoot and Man Booker interview   6 years 30 weeks ago

that this web site keeps us so well aware of interviews, updates etc. The BBC interview re the Man Booker prize is just grand. What an intelligent man Dan is, and so in his element in the world of culture and the arts. I eagerly await his next article in The Telegraph, his writing is superb.
    from the USA