• Reply to: New film project - The Catastrophist   6 years 2 weeks ago

Yes I think he is most definitely leaving. I do not think there will be a season 4. It doesn't matter how successful a program is if the principal characters want to leave for what ever reason, then the show is doomed. Dan Stevens and Michelle Dockery seem totally disinterested in promoting Downton Abbey Season 3. That has to be an ominous sign. I wish them all the best in their future projects and hope that they don't just end up yet another pair of exiled Brits pretending to be Americans, that would be sad.

• Reply to: The Heiress: Time Out New York interview   6 years 2 weeks ago

FOR MAKING ANOTHER LOVELY INTERVIEW (AND PICTURE!) AVAILABLE FOR THIS AVID DAN-FAN. THIS WEB SITE IS AS CLASSY AS HE IS.
    from the USA

• Reply to: The Heiress and other interviews   6 years 2 weeks ago

This is an absolutely fabulous reading of a remarkable book. Perhaps one of the best Dan has done?

• Reply to: The Catastrophist: Film Catalogue details   6 years 2 weeks ago

This film has been in the making for the last year or two. Steve Coogan was lined up for the lead. He is of the right age if you want to keep to the book. If googled Steve Coogan's name still comes up in relation to this film. However, I think amongst the general population there is now little knowledge of the violent conflict in the Congo during the early 1960s so I guess if SC has dropped out and Dan is taking the part of James Gillespie most film goers wont realise that the character was originally a much older person. I shall look forward to seeing this film probably in 2014/15.

• Reply to: The Catastrophist: Film Catalogue details   6 years 2 weeks ago

DAN STEVENS IS A CONSUMMATE ACTOR, I TRULY BELIEVE THAT JUST ADDING A BIT OF SILVER TO THAT GORGEOUS HAIR, AND HE WOULD TRANSFORM HIMSELF INTO A MUCH OLDER MAN, FOR ANY ROLE AT ALL. AND AS FAR AS THE "WORLD WEARINESS" REQUIRED OF THE PART, THAT IS WHERE HIS ACTING TALENT WOULD COME IN. THE FIRST TIME I WATCHED DAN IN AN INTERVIEW ON BRITISH TV, MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS..."THAT IS A VERY HAPPY MAN". AND ALSO A VERY INTELLIGENT ONE. HE DID "MACBETH" AT THE AGE OF 14 IN A SCHOOL PRODUCTION, TALENT, AND COMMANDING VOICE, ALREADY THERE. AS FAR AS THIS YANKEE GRANNY IS CONCERNED, THE SKY'S THE LIMIT FOR HIM. GO FOR IT, DAN! JUST REMEMBER AS MATTHEW SAID " THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE THINGS THAT MATTER, AND THE THINGS THAT DON'T" BLESSINGS DAN, ON YOU AND YOUR LOVELY FAMILY.
    from the USA

• Reply to: The Catastrophist: Film Catalogue details   6 years 3 weeks ago

As much as I would hate the gorgeous Dan to leave Downton. He and Michelle are my absolut faves, I have just gone onto IMDB to see about this film. Dan, Freida Pinto and another person attached to this film do not have it on their page yet. Also Dan is only 29, the same age as me and is therefore hardly a middle aged man which is what the synopsis said the lead character was.

• Reply to: The Catastrophist: Film Catalogue details   6 years 3 weeks ago

Since the Catastrophist does not start filming until Feb 2013 then the release will probably be in 2014.

I can't wait, but in the meantime, since I will be in NY in early November to see The Heiress and The Vamps will start showing at that time, I hope to see the film in NY. Since The Vamps is on a limited release, I'm afraid they probably won't show it in San Diego, CA.

Hopefully, Summer in February will be released in 2013 in the US. It looks like Season 3 of DA is the last for Dan, I can't wait to see more film projects in the coming future.

Godspeed and Good Luck.

• Reply to: The Catastrophist: Film Catalogue details   6 years 3 weeks ago

I am so looking forward to this movie! What character is Dan playing in this movie?

• Reply to: Download Downton Abbey and Josephine Hart poetry apps!   6 years 3 weeks ago

Really? That is sad :(

In the newest update of the Josephine Hart app Dan doesn't seem to be in it :(

• Reply to: Which of Dan's projects are you most looking forward to?   6 years 3 weeks ago

So looking forward to "Summer in February", from all I have learned, it will be a beautifully romantic story, and with Dan's involvement, wonderfully well acted and filmed. Quality, for this intelligent actor who deserves a perfect showcase for his unique talents. There are very few, is any, who can match him.
    from the USA

• Reply to: Downton Abbey episode 2 and Emmys tonight   6 years 3 weeks ago

OF THAT BEAUTIFUL COUPLE, FROM THIS "YANK" WHO MUST WAIT PATIENTLY (?) TILL JANUARY TO "ATTEND " THE WEDDING. AFTER ALL THE MURDER AND MAYHEM OF MOST OF THE NOMINATED EMMY SHOWS, I CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF THE ELEGANCE, INTELLIGENCE AND SHEER DELIGHT OF "DOWNTON.." ( AND DAN STEVENS EPITOMIZES ALL OF THAT) THANK GOODNESS FOR DVD'S, I SHALL HAVE THEM WORN OUT BY THE TIME SEASON 3 FINALLY ARRIVES ON OUR SHORES.
    from the USA

• Reply to: Downton Abbey episode 3 trailer & ratings   6 years 4 weeks ago

I absolutely agree with above comments. I can't get to NY either so the prospect of Summer in February and more Dan audiobooks will have to suffice. Of course, we have more brilliant Sunday DA episodes to come yet, and maybe a Christmas Special?

• Reply to: Downton Abbey episode 3 trailer & ratings   6 years 4 weeks ago

Didn't doubt that Downton series 3 would achieve top viewing figures. I have all the previous dvd's and have watched them many times and series 3 does not disappoint. It is so exciting and fresh.
    Congratulations to Dame Maggie on her Emmy Award. She is such a treasure. Everyone loves her.
    Good luck Dan on your new ventures. The Heiress and Summer in February are two of them. Wish I could get to New York to see The Heiress. Afraid not, but will certainly be seeing Summer in February when it is released.
    Well done to everyone associated with Downton Abbey.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey episode 2 and Emmys tonight   6 years 4 weeks ago

The wedding dress is gorgeous .

• Reply to: Review of Casino Royale   6 years 4 weeks ago

Oh yes, I totally agree. A really good book to listen to, and even more so by the fact that it is so well read by Dan. Even if you are not a Bond fan you will appreciate this. His accents, pronunciation and the feeling that he puts into it really makes this rather special. Thank you. I shall be listening again very soon ! Also looking forward to his latest award winning release - The Time Keeper.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey episode 2 and Emmys tonight   6 years 4 weeks ago

This is a beautiful photograph. Thank you for posting.

Also, good luck and best wishes for tonight's Emmy awards. Glad that John Lunn won the Creative Emmy for the wonderful Downton Abbey music. Very well deserved.

• Reply to: Vamps: a trailer at last!   6 years 4 weeks ago

I like the look of this!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey and Dickens Confidential   6 years 4 weeks ago

Radio drama at its best with Dan Stevens playing the role of Charles Dickens. Really very good.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey and Dickens Confidential   6 years 4 weeks ago

Brilliant....just brilliant. Well worth 45 minutes a day.

• Reply to: Poetry App screenshot   6 years 4 weeks ago

I HAVE THE POETRY APP ON MY I-PAD, SINCE DAN STEVENS MENTIONED IT IN A MONTHLY ARTICLE OF HIS IN THE TELEGRAPH. IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND ENJOYABLE APP I HAVE. DAN'S VOICE AND PERFECT DICTION DOES TRUE "POETIC JUSTICE" TO THE ONES HE READS. THERE ARE MANY OF MY FAVORITES INCLUDED, BUT I ESPECIALLY ENJOY DAN'S EXCELLENT READINGS. AGAIN, HE SIMPLY DOES NOT DISAPPOINT. THANK YOU, DAN!
    from the USA

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: episode 2 trailer   6 years 4 weeks ago

Yes, absolutely excellent, and up there with the best. I too hoped to see more of the wedding , there are some lovely photos in the Radio Times. Greatly looking forward to the next episode.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: episode 2 trailer   6 years 4 weeks ago

As ever the show is great and Julian and the actors have captured the period beautifully. Wish we could have seen a bit more of the wedding but next episode looks up to par.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: episode 2 trailer   6 years 4 weeks ago

I think the previous person is confusing todays easy ways with sex and the rather repressed ways in the early part of the 20th century - if you read books from that era you will see Julian is not a prig but
    as usual, historically correct.

• Reply to: The Heiress: earlier start date   6 years 4 weeks ago

Go for it Dan and break a leg! - make us Brits proud of you ( as if we can be any more then we are already!!) Such a lovely person in every single way.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: episode 2 trailer   6 years 4 weeks ago

The heck with money--Where's the sex? When are we going to see Mary and Matthew have fun? All we have seen in the first two series are a couple of chaste kisses and fights! Enough already! People so deeply in love don't act that way- they usually jump on each other! What a prig Julian Fellowes is!
    A Big Fan.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: Creative Emmy Award wins & 9 million tune in to new series   6 years 5 weeks ago

So well deserved - congratulations.

• Reply to: Download Downton Abbey and Josephine Hart poetry apps!   6 years 5 weeks ago

Dan, I wish you all the best for a most successful in Broadway but please come back to Downton Abbey. The show cannot do without you and Michelle Dockery as Matthew and Mary, who are my favourite characters and love story...
    Congrats to you and your lovely wife on your newborn son.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 commissioned   6 years 5 weeks ago

Jane Austen never mentioned the horrendous maternal and child morbidity and mortality of her day, nor the ongoing wars between Britain and France, nor the grinding poverty experienced by many in England then. Doesn't stop her popularity still, nor the popularity of the many adaptations of her work. Downton Abbey is a drama, not a documentary, and has the licence to be whatever Julian Fellowes wishes. It being make-believe and everything, not a gritty reflection on social mores.

Luckily 10 million viewers just in UK agree. Enjoy series 3 :D

Admin (not Dan)

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 commissioned   6 years 5 weeks ago

Dear Dan,

I love Downton Abbey. I love the fact that all the working class people are either honourable forelock tuggers, prepared to hurl themselves in front of exploding artillery shells in order to save the lives of their betters OR are chain smoking cowardly self-wounders (to get out of the WWI trenches) & evil schemers who'll do something like place a bar of soap on the floor to rob the Lord & Lady of a beloved male heir.

I love how the show totally ignores the dire, grinding poverty the vast majority of people lived in in those days, without the vote, health services, welfare , education, Morrisons to wander around in their pyjamas or inside toilets. In those halcyon, carefree days of one long fancy dress garden party for the right sort of people, His Lordship of the-Tory-fundraiser (yes, he received his peerage for raising money for the Tory party) Julian Kitchener Fellowes, show us, over & over again, just how so much, much better things were back then, when the Tories controlled everything, just as God had always intended. Hurrah!