• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: series 3 preview trailer   6 years 8 weeks ago

rats! NBC have blocked it.

Wendy

• Reply to: Downton Abbey, The Heiress and baby news   6 years 8 weeks ago

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your career life and to share information with us about Susie, Willow, and the birth of your new son. It is thrilling to see your career endeavors spring from your role in Downton and I know your big screen presence will also be “great.” I look forward to your using all your creative gifts in the arts in the following years. I will be extremely happy to pick up a book to read, watch a play, or see a screenplay that you have all written. Congratulations and may you be richly blessed with family love and happiness! American English Teacher

• Reply to: Downton Abbey, The Heiress and baby news   6 years 8 weeks ago

How lovely the news that Dan and Susie's son has arrived , I believe both children are blessed with good and loving parents. Will be looking forward to what name is chosen for the young prince. What a happy band to "take" New York City soon. Every good wish to all...
    from the USA

• Reply to: Downton Abbey, The Heiress and baby news   6 years 9 weeks ago

Welcome to the world Master Stevens - Congratulations and best wishes to Dan & Susie on the birth of their son, and to Willow for her new baby brother.

• Reply to: Samsung launch party photos & Corinthia Hotel theatre competition   6 years 9 weeks ago

Dan Stevens, always the handsome epitome of class, good taste, and intelligence. With him, a picture really is worth a thousand words.
    from the USA

• Reply to: Which of Dan's projects are you most looking forward to?   6 years 9 weeks ago

First of all...news of the birth of Dan and Susie's second child. Love that Dan seems to be such a loving and proud father. Then each and all of his other achievements, 3rd (and beyond?) season of Downton, a triumph on Broadway, in "The Heiress", and "Summer in February" , which looks to be a beautifully romantic film. Perfect for Dan. And even...more book recommendations!

from the USA

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: episode 1 preview image & Man Booker Prize photos   6 years 10 weeks ago

Keep doing your thing Dan. As a Canadian, I don't hold it against you (re: CBC reference). Making choices from so many books must be quite a challenge. I liked the part about bringing the Olympic spirit to your shores. There is a real sense of pride when you host the Games for sure. We felt it 2 years ago for the winter Olympics in Canada. I hope you will still come to Canada sometime, pref. Toronto. We are not far from New York or Detroit. Our roots go very deep with the UK here, as you know. All the best in Season 3 coming up.

• Reply to: Sunday Telegraph August column & Summer in February photo   6 years 10 weeks ago

You should be active now :)

cluecking was the user name

Can you send details of the user name you used to register via the contact form? I can then find the registration and activate it manually. The system only accepts one email per registration. Thanks :)

• Reply to: Glamour Magazine - vote for the sexiest men of 2012   6 years 10 weeks ago

How many times can I vote for Dan??

I have tried to register many times. It won't take my password. Then it tells me I don't exist but when I try to register again it tells me the name is already taken. What can I do to register? cluecking@centurytel.net

Thank you for the "heads up" on Dan's latest column. His writing is just superb as always, and as far as the Booker Prize is concerned, I trust Dan knows you can never, to paraphrase, "please all of the people all of the time". Brilliant job, Dan...now rest your eyes! I for one, very non-athletic lady, enjoy some of the Olympics simply to catch glimpses of Merry Old England! Now back to the (imaginary) hammock and a good book...

from the USA

Sexy does....and the picture of Dan on the set of Downton holding his little daughter in his arms, and stating in an interview that he wants "to make his daughter proud of him", is what "sexy" is all about. Not only his good looks, his marvelous intelligence, talent and wit, but his character. He is indeed a one of a kind heart throb.
    from the US

One classy Brit! - hope he enjoys New York - but comes back to the UK - missing him already!

• Reply to: The Heiress: website update & ticket information   6 years 10 weeks ago

Well done you ! I'm trying to get onto the mailing list via my e-mail but no response from them although they have my details patgiles3@gmail.com. I'm hoping to get to see the show before it closes!! I'm in UK. so please, above, to let us know your comments and keep us all informed. If you can discover why e-mails are not being forwarded - because I may not be the only one. Enjoy the production, Dan is a brilliant actor, and trust me, you will be able to see his blue eyes from your seat. Lucky you! And they are truly very blue !!

@ Anonymous (9 August): A scan of the column is in the galleries - you can register for an account if you don't have one already. Alternatively, it should be available on the Telegraph website soon.

Tickets are available through Telecharge for all previews and performances, EXCEPT opnening night November 1st, , which is closed to the public. I was told the house was reserved by the Producers for family and friends, and for the press. I have two tickets for November 2nd performance, in the THIRD row of the Orchestra. I will let you all know whether the blue eyes can be seen to shine as far as our eyes- and from there to heaven.

Couldn't have said it better myself....don't forget his voice!!!! He's the best!

WHEN AND WHERE WILL DAN'S LATEST ARTICLE IN TELEGRAPH BE AVAILABLE TO US?? I AM ALMOST AS EAGER TO READ HIM, AS TO WATCH HIM!

Of course I voted for Dan, He is one intelligent ,talented, and classy gentleman, who just happens to be blazingly good looking. Love the casual elegance about him. No contest!

still a Dan & Michelle fan myself....but as always, Dan is gorgeous no matter what. Hope to see more of this type of scene in Downton Abbey. Bring it on!

What a lovely, lovely romantic photo. Just what Dan's-fan"s have been wishing for! Thank you for bringing it to us. Pray the film will be released here in the US as well. Looking forward to his July Telegraph column, he is just the complete package.
    from the USA

• Reply to: Casino Royale, Summer in February, Booker Prize   6 years 11 weeks ago

How can you find out the news abiut this film if you don't subscribe to Screen>

• Reply to: Sunday Telegraph August column & Summer in February photo   6 years 11 weeks ago

This photo makes me wish the film was due for immediate release! Such a tender and gentle feeling about this - beautifully captured. P Giles

I agree with the above, though probably there are reasons, (economic?,) we don't know about. I would order every audio book Dan has made, if it were possible to do so here in the US. Perhaps by the time he has appeared on Broadway in "The Heiress", and then season 3 of Downton, the powers that be will come to their senses and make them available here. Just a passing thought by the way, but Dan would make a perfect Detective Inspector Thomas Lynley in the Elizabeth George series of books. He has the exact good looks, speech, and demeanor of that character. Know its been done on BBC a while back, but....that was before Dan!
    from the USA

Why isn't this CD, narrated by Dan, with an interview with Dan, not available in the United States?
    Why are we treated as poor relations? Don't the production and distribution companies know how many fans he has here in America? Not too smart!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: onset interview with Dan for ITN   6 years 11 weeks ago

Just caught Dan's interview re Shirley MacLaine, can't imagine anyone taking any offense at something so totally inoffensive. Especially, Shirley herself who can be brutally outspoken. Dan was, as always, a gentleman. With a twinkle in his eye! Wonder what she said that he won't repeat....

I got it all wrong - Dan's interview is back on ITN News website - it is worth a look.

I agree with the other comments .....Dan was just being truthful. Shirley MacLaine is bonkers, but not in a bad sense...I am sure he meant it as a "she's funny and weird at the same time" kind of meaning. I don't think there's anything wrong with what he said. After all, she has to have at least as much spunk as Maggie Smith to be a match for her. In the end, only Dan knows what he meant and he's not a mean guy.