• Reply to: Have I Got News For You - 25th November   5 years 27 weeks ago

Have I got news for you and have added my coment wishinf him well and good luck

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 commissioned   5 years 29 weeks ago

Why not just do a worldwide release of Downton Abbey so viewers don't have to suffer the anxiety. Four months is a long delay of release dates. Maybe a week or two will be an appropriate delay.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: episode 8 teaser   5 years 29 weeks ago

also, it's my first time posting here.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: episode 8 teaser   5 years 29 weeks ago

oops, sorry i posted twice, i saved some additional changes to my previous post. the latest post is the version i want posted, but the first post doesn't matter to me, the first post can be omitted or whatever.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: episode 8 teaser   5 years 29 weeks ago

OMG! Matthew can dance! again? (well i must add), and so can Dan Stevens! (unless it is a camera trick...spinning in circles...lol) Last week we saw Matthew standing and jumping and now he's waltzing away with his third cousin (once removed? btw, is isobel and cora the same generation or isobel and violet? that would either make matthew robert's generation or mary's?) Lady Mary not his (deathly ill) fiancee. (Sorry about the spoilers, I think they're mentioned all over the internet though) I guess in Downton they don't need to 'learn to walk before you can run'. I guess they just skipped the walking part of the total recovery to further the plot in a more interesting revelation. Mary could be supporting Matthew while dancing?

• Reply to: BBC Review Show on iPlayer   5 years 32 weeks ago

It is a pity Dan chose to be so negative about the Booker contenders.His remarks about"Pigeon English" and particularly "Jamrach's Menagerie" were vindictive and spiteful. What's going on there?

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 32 weeks ago

... from Brazil!

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 32 weeks ago

Well, I am right now thousands miles away from you and yeah, the title is just weird. But it is the way Chinese say "Happy Birthday!" Anyway, the benediction and best wishes are for you! :pp

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 32 weeks ago

October birthdays really are the best aren't they? Happy Birthday from one October baby to another! May the next year be even better than the one before. Best wishes in all that you do! xx Ashlee

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 32 weeks ago

Happy birthday ever with all my heart

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 33 weeks ago

You are a drop of perfect in an imperfect world. Happy not only birthday!

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 33 weeks ago

And many happy returns!

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 33 weeks ago

Happy birthday Dan!! Hope you have a lovely day and get spoilt rotten - you deserve it!!
    Nic xx

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 33 weeks ago

Happy Birthday Dan! Hope you have a great day! And continued success in the coming years. Xx

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 33 weeks ago

Happy Birthday x

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 33 weeks ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the lovely Dan! I hope you have a wonderful day!

• Reply to: Sunday Telegraph article by Dan   5 years 34 weeks ago

I know exactly what you mean. I was a serving officer, and am married to one. ~K

• Reply to: Sunday Telegraph article by Dan   5 years 34 weeks ago

The uniform "thing" as you call it will always attract women from all walks of life, but it can be deceiving. A man in uniform - officer status - can quicken a woman's heart, but its what lies beneath it. Peaked caps and Sam Browns are a delight to behold and one has been known to marry purely on this sight alone, and I speak fron experience - what a bitter experience this can be. Out of uniform - zero - but personality and kindness and a sense of humour - these are attributes that can be overlooked when a female casts an eye over a prospective partner. If this makes no sense at all - I do not apologize, merely state a fact.

Last sentence - for me -- made the whole article worth reading. Have to say that its only the Armed Forces uniforms that used to quicken my heart, and even then - missed out on an Earl. !! Foolish woman - looks are not everything PG.

• Reply to: Coming Up   5 years 34 weeks ago

Its a shame that this merchandise seems to be pushing young men to go off to war, and these days that means Afghanistan and Iraq. The new series is excellent for showing the horrors of war. I'll be wearing a white poppy this coming Remembrance Day.
    Ellen Teague, London
    vocforjus@aol.com

• Reply to: Coming Up   5 years 35 weeks ago

More like the Doctor that goes after them? And what is with him and vampires! ;-)

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 37 weeks ago

Added x

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 37 weeks ago

why not make 'the line of beauty' one of the choices?
    I know a lot of people here get to know you from this TV drama.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: Cheltenham Literary Festival   5 years 41 weeks ago

This is good news and will give audiences a chance to question the cast and author on subjects relating to the success of this great series. I hope to attend! Pat Giles

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 41 weeks ago

On Aug. 2, 2011 I had the great pleasure of meeting Dan Stevens in person, here in Seattle, WA I found him to be exciting, charming, ebullient and attentive. I am a complete fan. I now have an autographed picture with him and other Downton Abbey cast members, Michelle Dockery and Elizabeth MacGovern, They were all meeting in Seattle, WA and greeting supporters of PPS/Downton Abbey seen on KCTS. We were all given a prelude review of DA2. How's that for an enviable treat!
    Rafe Heidsiek

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 42 weeks ago

Hello - have put my name as there are some who have not - you should really.
    I first MET Dan after the first night of the play "The Vortex" by Noel Coward which played at the Theatre Royal in Bath before transferring to the West End. But had seen him on stage in a production of Hay Fever in London opposite Judi Dench Peter Bowles, Belinds Lang. Think it was his first West End play. I remember him saying that lot of his friends were unable to see the play because the seats were so expensive, but it was on at the fabulous Theatre Royal Haymarket in London

But first meeting was in Bath about two years ago, I think, opposite Felicity Kendal, and directed by Peter Hall. Saw the play many many times and he was, of course, brilliant at Nicky (the part that Coward wrote for himself)
    Have met up with him several times since then at various productions. Claudio, Every Good Boy, etc.,
    but to be taken out to tea after a matinee was delightful and much appreciated. So that's that. I think that's enough to be going on with !!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey series 2 previews and behind-the-scenes   5 years 42 weeks ago

Don't let him die, he is such a wonderful character. Hope there will be a happy end with Mary!

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 43 weeks ago

I noticed him in "Sense Sensibility", and I thought it was really special and very suitable for the part! Then I saw him again in Downton Abbey, and I realized that it is an actor capable of playing any role, not only the ingenuous!

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 44 weeks ago

I first encountered Dan in The Line of Beauty. I have been a complete
    fan ever since. It was his beguiling smile, captivating eyes and his
    innocent, refreshing demeanor. I try to see everything he's done.
    I hope to see him on stage.

• Reply to: Drama on 3: Widowers' Houses   5 years 46 weeks ago

Cracking performance by Dan in this production - have already left a comment on his Facebook page, but thought another positive comment would not be amiss ! Brilliant cast and fine acting from all A slight departure of character for Dan. Loved it. Never sure where I should leave my name or whatever, but its Pat Giles once again, causing some grief no doubt.