• Reply to: My Week: Sunday Telegraph 7 October   4 years 47 weeks ago

I love the fact that Mr Stevens career is progressing and that he is gaining ground so quickly in America but at what cost to his fans in Britain and not least the British industry .

I for one , would hate to see him tainted and trashed by Hollywood , but he seems a very well grounded young man with a young family and I am sure that he not be swayed too do anything which is not right for him , his wife or his children . He has many talents and could secure his future in many directions ...

I hope that England's green and pleasant land and his love of cricket will draw Dan back home soon .

• Reply to: The Heiress: NPR preview   4 years 47 weeks ago

Thanks for spotting my error!

• Reply to: The Heiress: NPR preview   4 years 47 weeks ago

Thanks for the link.

Also, I think that it should read Episode 7 tonight - looking forward to it VERY MUCH!

• Reply to: My Week: Sunday Telegraph 7 October   4 years 47 weeks ago

I totally agree with the comments made by Writing vs Acting. We can only hope that Dan won't be seduced by Holywood - but I hang on to the belief that he is too intelligent to let it taint him.

• Reply to: My Week: Sunday Telegraph 7 October   4 years 47 weeks ago

It is very clear that Mr. Stevens has a secure future in writing if he ever becomes bored with acting. He is well educated, highly literate, a loving husband and father and serious and sincere in what he does. If only the American entertainment industry could pluck a feather from his cap and raise the bar for their own projects. There is a solid well founded reason, why Mr. Stevens career is gaining ground so quickly in the U.S. American audiences are starved for culture, gentility, manners, self respect, dignity, quality and talent. Mr. Stevens has the power of a Spencer Tracy, or Gregory Peck. Something we have not seen here for generations. My only fear, as Mr. Stevens flirts with the idea of residing in America, is that we will taint him and turn him into Hollywood trash, only to have his well protected private life become the fodder of gab magazines. As much as I love seeing Dan's noble profile walking in the theater district, I would rather he went home than lower his standards. Can he raise ours? I hope so.

• Reply to: The Heiress: BBC Radio 4 Front Row interview   4 years 47 weeks ago

I have no doubt that Dan will handle the American accent required in "The Heiress" to perfection. He cannot miss, with that enthralling voice of his, to carry it off. Just remain very British, Dan, the best example of what the English language can and should sound like. Cheers, Lad!
    from the USA

• Reply to: The Heiress: BBC Radio 4 Front Row interview   4 years 47 weeks ago

Thank you for the link - an interesting and pleasing interview.

• Reply to: My Week: Sunday Telegraph 7 October   4 years 48 weeks ago

Guess its hard to avoid, but I was disappointed that Dan chimed in on all this political nonsense (that goes on on both sides of the ocean). It doesn't surprise me tthat Dan is on the Obama celebrity list. And... "Mormon Mitt" is a good and decent man, all politics and religion aside. Strange isn't it, everyone hates the "rich guy"....but everyone wants to be one.

• Reply to: The Heiress: first look at Dan as Morris Townsend   4 years 48 weeks ago

WONDERFUL ARTICLE AND STUNNING PICTURE OF DAN. LUCKY NEW YORKERS AND VISITORS ABLE TO SEE "THE HEIRESS" WHEN IT OFFICIALLY OPENS. I EXPECT GRAND REVIEWS! NOT TOO IMPRESSED WITH THE TRAILERS FOR "VAMPS", BUT I'M SURE DAN WILL MANAGE TO RAISE THE BAR THERE. BLESSINGS IN ALL THINGS, DAN!

• Reply to: Man Booker Prize interview for The Daily Beast   4 years 48 weeks ago

I PARTICULARLY LOVE THIS PHOTO OF DAN, AND THE CLASSY SIMPLICITY OF HIS OUTFIT. WHEN YOU ARE THAT HANDSOME THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO "GILD THE LILY" ANY MORE. GOOD TASTE, DAN! I HAVE ONLY SEEN PHOTOS OF HIS NATURALLY DARK HAIR, AND FRANKLY.....I LOVE IT!
    from the USA

• Reply to: NY Daily News & North Jersey.com interviews   4 years 48 weeks ago

LOVE THE ARTICLES ETC MADE AVAILABLE TO US AT THIS FINE WEB SITE. WHEN WILL DAN'S LATEST CONTRIBUTION TO TELEGRAPH BE UPLOADED FOR US?? I AWAIT HIS WRITINGS SO EAGERLY. AND THANK YOU SO MUCH....
    from the USA

Nothing to add really, but just to say that above photograph of Dan is one of his best, but when did he ever take a bad photo? Pat Giles. ( even getting used to his blonde hair after all these years. Very best wishes to Dan in his future roles and career.

Wonderful article re the Man Booker Award and Dan's participation from start to finish. Especially gratified to read that he fully intends to continue with his own writing, as I so look forward to his articles for the Telegraph and The Junket. Dan Stevens is truly a gifted Renaissance man. How refreshing!

• Reply to: Vogue photoshoot and Man Booker interview   4 years 49 weeks ago

that this web site keeps us so well aware of interviews, updates etc. The BBC interview re the Man Booker prize is just grand. What an intelligent man Dan is, and so in his element in the world of culture and the arts. I eagerly await his next article in The Telegraph, his writing is superb.
    from the USA

• Reply to: The Heiress: Wall Street Journal interview   4 years 49 weeks ago

whoops, its the Wall Street Journal, not the NY Times! oh well, my sentiments are the same...
    from the USA

• Reply to: The Heiress: Wall Street Journal interview   4 years 49 weeks ago

Thanks for the heads up on the NY Times item. I appreciate these alerts so much! Perhaps the reason, as Dan states, we are so crazy about Downton here in the States, is a notable shortage of such class and elegance in our own TV series. We seem to do grim and guns rather well, as well as some pretty obnoxious comedy. Along with occasional gems. Now "Downton Abbey", has set the bar even higher. Cant' wait for Dan's next article in the Telegraph, his writing is just superb. Lucky New Yorkers who can pass him on the streets!
    from the USA

• Reply to: The Heiress: Vulture.com photos   4 years 49 weeks ago

and so very talented. What a wonderful combination of qualities. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "The Heiress". most especially, Dan;s performance I eagerly await his next article for The Telegraph, I enjoy his gifted writing as well as his acting.
    from the USA

• Reply to: The Heiress: Vulture.com photos   4 years 49 weeks ago

I would like to be there too

• Reply to: The Heiress: Vulture.com photos   4 years 49 weeks ago

I have seen the Heiress three times. Each time it was better. Danhas the most amazing Americanaccent. He was wonderful. And he is so gracious about signing autographs and having his picture taken. Everyone should see it. I will cherish the moments. Cece

• Reply to: Jane Fonda on The Heiress   4 years 49 weeks ago

Absolutely right, I agree with how proud of Dan England must be! Much as I am happy that he has come to Broadway, I don't ever want him to lose his exquisite accent, voice and manner, thought I am sure he will not, he is a born British gentleman. And a tremendously talented one. Would love to see him get a Tony Award nomination, because if he won, his speech would be a gem.

from the USA

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3 photos & Summer In February news   4 years 49 weeks ago

I would have gone to the screening on 10/31 in santa Monica if I wasn't leaving for New York to see The Heiress. The 2nd screening I will also miss since I won't be back from NY until Sunday, 11/4. Do you know when the release of this movie will be?

Do hope that it will come to the screen here in the UK, and soon would be great!

Thanks for the link - wonderful set of images.

• Reply to: Jane Fonda on The Heiress   4 years 49 weeks ago

I totally agree. Lucky New York, as I realise that The Heiress hasn't a cat in hells chance of coming to London's WestEnd. Us Brits can only hope that it won't be too long before Dan is back on the London stage. He is fast becoming one of our theatres national treasures.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3 ratings & New Yorker Festival transcript   4 years 49 weeks ago

Everybody loves his hair!!! hahaha

• Reply to: Jane Fonda on The Heiress   4 years 49 weeks ago

Not exactly a fan of Jane Fonda, but she got this one right. How I would love to see Dan on stage!

• Reply to: The Heiress: Vanity Fair spotlight   4 years 49 weeks ago

FOR THE HEADS UP ABOUT DAN IN VANITY FAIR, LOVELY, LOVELY PICTURE, TOO SHORT AN ARTICLE...BUT ONE DAY HE WILL BE ON THE COVER WHERE HE BELONGS!
    from the USA

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   4 years 49 weeks ago

happy birthday
    alessandra from florence Italy

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   4 years 49 weeks ago

I am so blessed that you were born! Your life has touched so many people! You have brought so much joy to so many. Your life has made a difference. I know that you will continue entertaining and touching the lives of many people in the future. I also know that you will hold close to your heart those who mean so much to you (your family). Happy Happy Happy Birthday, Dan!

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   4 years 50 weeks ago

FOR A HAPPY DAY, AND A WONDERFULLY SUCCESSFUL YEAR AHEAD. MAY ALL THE BEST COME YOUR WAY, PROFESSIONALLY AND PERSONALLY. IT IS A JOY TO WATCH THE STAR RISE FOR SUCH A GIFTED ACTOR, AND ONE WHO IS ALSO A GENTLEMAN...AND A SCHOLAR. BLESSINGS DAN, FOR YOU AND THOSE YOU LOVE.
    JEAN