• Reply to: Downton Abbey: 16 Emmy Nominations!   5 years 1 week ago

I am really upset that Dan did not get nominated. He certainly deserves it.

• Reply to: Which of Dan's projects are you most looking forward to?   5 years 1 week ago

Dear Dan, We love you. What a wonderful actor you are. Can you and Michelle please come to Toronto, Canada? Can't get enough of Downton - esp. you and Michelle. Please keep making the shows.

• Reply to: Which of Dan's projects are you most looking forward to?   5 years 2 weeks ago

I'm really excited about this!! Gilbert Evans was my Great Grandfather. Me and my family can't wait for the film next year.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey series 2 premiere in Australia   5 years 2 weeks ago

can we have same time airing with UK? We love Downton Abbey here in Oz you know--very much.

Hello Dan, Please be in all the series of Downton Abbey :) you are very handsome. love, your most affectionate fan from the land down under Australia p.s. wish you'll visit us here with Michelle D.

i can't wait i really am waiting for it and i am counting.

• Reply to: Summer In February: film festival plans   5 years 2 weeks ago

Will this film be shown on BBC TV?

• Reply to: Vogue Italia July 2012 article and photoshoot   5 years 3 weeks ago

Thank you for posting that lovely shot of Dan in Italian suited splendor, but I suspect he could wear bib overalls and make them look classy.

from the USA

• Reply to: Vogue Italia July 2012 article and photoshoot   5 years 3 weeks ago

pardon?

• Reply to: Vogue Italia July 2012 article and photoshoot   5 years 3 weeks ago

Voted for Downton, but I think it is infandous that after so many happy birthdays to others from Dan on twitter (not that I personally tweet) that he didn't give the USA a happy birthday wish today....maybe it's just a British thing. Recently I heard a Brit refer to the Revolutionary War as "the uprising".....236 years later it is still a hard loss for Britain to bear perhaps....but this American does love England very much and Dan's gorgonizing British accent! Disclaimer:This comment is not meant to be recumbentibus.

The Southern Teacher

• Reply to: Book of the Week: The Old Ways   5 years 4 weeks ago

I love hearing his voice but I am really looking forward to seeing him in action again. Wondering when we will be able to get tickets for the Heiress and if his wife has had their baby.

• Reply to: My Week: Sunday Telegraph 10th June   5 years 6 weeks ago

Re. above comments and observations - I could not have described the article submitted better. So glad you enjoy Dan's monthly column. Surprising , illuminating and thought provoking. Well said.

• Reply to: My Week: Sunday Telegraph 10th June   5 years 6 weeks ago

For a another "jubilicious" article. From Hammock to bookstores to looking always elegantly masculine and well tailored. May I say, as an observant lady, in your case, Mr. Stevens, it is the man who makes the clothes. Hammock-less I may be, book-less I will never be, thanks to my favorite independent book store, and the promise of beautifully written English, like yours. I look forward to each of your articles, and to the Booker list. I shall be reading,, though not hanging.
    From the USA

• Reply to: My Week: Sunday Telegraph 10th June   5 years 6 weeks ago

M-m-m-! lovely thought of Dan in his hammock! - made my day!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: set photos on PuzzlePix   5 years 8 weeks ago

Dan Stevens career is certainly flourishing with a new movie wrapped and a Broadway play and new movie in the works. Apparently his personal life is doing just as well as he and his wife await the birth of their second child. Hoorah for Dan. Although he probably doesn't want his role on Downton Abbey to define him, I selfishly hope Matthew Crawley continues to exist for all the Dan devotees like me.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: set photos on PuzzlePix   5 years 9 weeks ago

As an American, I have watched in wonder at the quiet, yet totally commanding presence that certain British actors seem to have. And Dan Stevens epitomizes that gift. Certainly his good looks contribute, but it is far more than that, he mesmerizes with seeming effortlessness. And of course, the voice. It is nice to learn he is also highly intelligent, and a thorough gentleman. I look forward to his articles in the Telegraph,with his glorious command of the English language. But Downton Abbey simply will not exist without Matthew, he and Lady Mary are an iconic romantic pair. Please stay with us Dan. I will follow your career avidly, and with great expectations, and wish you well in every aspect of your life...and to paraphrase Matthew remember...."the things that matter and those that don't". Bless you and those you love.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: set photos on PuzzlePix   5 years 9 weeks ago

Clint Eastwood once said: "The only thing in life on what one can count on is change!"
    Life is short and one should take advantage of every opportunity there is. This is especially true for the lifes of artists. Our contemporary world lost values as family, loyalty, justice, friendship, courage.
    Humanity is slipping away every day.

And then came along Downton Abbey and it has become a beacon of light of all those lost values that shined trough TV screens every sunday evening. For me the brightness shine of the whole spectrum came to life with the caracter of Matthew trough Dan"s brilliant preformance. The story puts him to the hardest tests many times but his light didn"t become a shadow quite contrary it become brighter more than ever.
    If the Series 3 of DA is our last geeting together with this great cast and with Matthew so it must be.
    What will be it will be.

The important thing is that Dan"s brilliant preformance reminded us that there are still people in this crazy world that will carry the voice of old golden life values to the future generations.

Best of luck to you Dan in all your future projects.

Kindest regards

Matea from Zagreb, Croatia

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: set photos on PuzzlePix   5 years 9 weeks ago

Couldn't agree more I too wish Dan would stay for series 4, is there is one. Carnival would probably agree to film his scenes on his return from Tanzania, as they no doubt would wish to keep him.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: set photos on PuzzlePix   5 years 9 weeks ago

M-m-m!! -The location is gorgeous& it all looks lovely & sunny & Matthew is STILL alive!! - can't bear to think they will have to kill him off- I wish Dan all the very best in his career, but selfishly I just wish he would stay one more year & see the story to a happy ending (how sad am I?!)

• Reply to: New film project - The Catastrophist   5 years 9 weeks ago

Doesn't Downton usually film around that time? I wonder if this means the rumours of Dan leaving Downton are true then.....

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: Dan submitted for Emmy consideration   5 years 10 weeks ago

I hope Emmy comes your way you realy deserve it. A BOCCA A LUPO! KINDEST REGARDS FROM SUNNY CROATIA;O)

• Reply to: The Heiress: new role on Broadway   5 years 10 weeks ago

Congratulations to Dan. However, inclined to agree with previous comment that we shall be saying good bye to Matthew Crawley in S3. Since Barbara Eaton rather let the cat out of the bag re an important cast member being killed off. A great shame for DA fans as the M and M saga has really driven this programme and wont be the same with out him.

• Reply to: The Heiress: new role on Broadway   5 years 10 weeks ago

Congratulations - lucky New Yorkers! You have said that you would go to New York on a heartbeat to play on Broadway and take your family with you. So pleased that you are about to make it It's richly deserved But oh! I suspect that this peals the death knell for Matthew Crawley. Your legions of fans will be bereft as Downton will be very different without you.
    I wonder what twists and turns Julian Fellowes ingenious mind will cook up to either kill you off, or invent reasons for your absence.
    Just hope that The Heiress transfers to London after its N. York run

• Reply to: 'Harbour' Exhibition & Latitude 2012   5 years 10 weeks ago

Hope you are not over doing it Dan! - you look tired in this pic! Look after your self - as well as your growing family!

• Reply to: Summer In February first film still & Telegraph column   5 years 11 weeks ago

Couldn't agree more. Even Geldof has seen the light. If you care enough you won't burden your beloved child with a name that whiffs of self indulgence.
    Interesting article in the press this week about hard-to-place adoptive babies - merely because of names inspired by 'celebrities'. Or wines...! Birth names must be retained now apparently.
    Dan is above all that. Am sure Stevens # 2 will have a delightful name!

It is a bit daunting....naming a person...giving an identity. As a teacher in the southern U.S. I have seen some absolutely horrendous names....names like Lemunjhello (emphasis on second syllable).... The mother loved her child like her favorite sweet. At least she loved her child. Others seem to use the naming to show their distaste for their offspring....I won't even go into that. The question is....what is the scale we use for the naming.....is it originality? Or heritage? Or the meaning behind the name? With each of my children it has been a different scale. In retrospect the scale seems to reflect the season in life and marriage at the time of the naming. The name and scale we chose reflects what we thought was important in that season. Whatever name is chosen, if you love that child, not for what they have done or what they will become, but truly love that child, you will love the name you have given to them. May Dan have wisdom to name rightly, but more so to love rightly!

• Reply to: Jubilee Lines   5 years 11 weeks ago

Agree with the two previous comments re Dan's voice. A great shame if he is to leave DA, especially as he has only just been married in the series. More angst! Has it actually been confirmed he is leaving DA or is it the rumour mill?

• Reply to: Jubilee Lines   5 years 11 weeks ago

I thoroughly agree with the previous person - Dan has the most attractive voice -
    an attractive package altogether! - Dan will be greatly missed for future Downton
    Abbey stories -I wish in a way it would finish now - I just can't imagine the story
    line without Matthew!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: set photos on Marie Claire UK   5 years 11 weeks ago

Yes, it is sad that Britain has turned its back on the values that made it so wonderful for hundreds of years. Britain is not religious and there seem to be no real moral values being taught to a majority of the children. Overindulgence in alcohol seems to be the norm. Empty churches mean empty lives and it is being lived out in modern Britain. Downton Abbey exemplifies what Britain used to be known for-- the manners, the morals, etc.

• Reply to: Jubilee Lines   5 years 11 weeks ago
    Dan

Love the sound of your voice- like music Wish you would reconsider Downton-it won't be the same without you.