• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 28 weeks ago

You are a drop of perfect in an imperfect world. Happy not only birthday!

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 28 weeks ago

And many happy returns!

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 28 weeks ago

Happy birthday Dan!! Hope you have a lovely day and get spoilt rotten - you deserve it!!
    Nic xx

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 28 weeks ago

Happy Birthday Dan! Hope you have a great day! And continued success in the coming years. Xx

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 28 weeks ago

Happy Birthday x

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   5 years 28 weeks ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the lovely Dan! I hope you have a wonderful day!

• Reply to: Sunday Telegraph article by Dan   5 years 29 weeks ago

I know exactly what you mean. I was a serving officer, and am married to one. ~K

• Reply to: Sunday Telegraph article by Dan   5 years 29 weeks ago

The uniform "thing" as you call it will always attract women from all walks of life, but it can be deceiving. A man in uniform - officer status - can quicken a woman's heart, but its what lies beneath it. Peaked caps and Sam Browns are a delight to behold and one has been known to marry purely on this sight alone, and I speak fron experience - what a bitter experience this can be. Out of uniform - zero - but personality and kindness and a sense of humour - these are attributes that can be overlooked when a female casts an eye over a prospective partner. If this makes no sense at all - I do not apologize, merely state a fact.

Last sentence - for me -- made the whole article worth reading. Have to say that its only the Armed Forces uniforms that used to quicken my heart, and even then - missed out on an Earl. !! Foolish woman - looks are not everything PG.

• Reply to: Coming Up   5 years 30 weeks ago

Its a shame that this merchandise seems to be pushing young men to go off to war, and these days that means Afghanistan and Iraq. The new series is excellent for showing the horrors of war. I'll be wearing a white poppy this coming Remembrance Day.
    Ellen Teague, London
    vocforjus@aol.com

• Reply to: Coming Up   5 years 30 weeks ago

More like the Doctor that goes after them? And what is with him and vampires! ;-)

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 32 weeks ago

Added x

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 32 weeks ago

why not make 'the line of beauty' one of the choices?
    I know a lot of people here get to know you from this TV drama.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: Cheltenham Literary Festival   5 years 36 weeks ago

This is good news and will give audiences a chance to question the cast and author on subjects relating to the success of this great series. I hope to attend! Pat Giles

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 36 weeks ago

On Aug. 2, 2011 I had the great pleasure of meeting Dan Stevens in person, here in Seattle, WA I found him to be exciting, charming, ebullient and attentive. I am a complete fan. I now have an autographed picture with him and other Downton Abbey cast members, Michelle Dockery and Elizabeth MacGovern, They were all meeting in Seattle, WA and greeting supporters of PPS/Downton Abbey seen on KCTS. We were all given a prelude review of DA2. How's that for an enviable treat!
    Rafe Heidsiek

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 37 weeks ago

Hello - have put my name as there are some who have not - you should really.
    I first MET Dan after the first night of the play "The Vortex" by Noel Coward which played at the Theatre Royal in Bath before transferring to the West End. But had seen him on stage in a production of Hay Fever in London opposite Judi Dench Peter Bowles, Belinds Lang. Think it was his first West End play. I remember him saying that lot of his friends were unable to see the play because the seats were so expensive, but it was on at the fabulous Theatre Royal Haymarket in London

But first meeting was in Bath about two years ago, I think, opposite Felicity Kendal, and directed by Peter Hall. Saw the play many many times and he was, of course, brilliant at Nicky (the part that Coward wrote for himself)
    Have met up with him several times since then at various productions. Claudio, Every Good Boy, etc.,
    but to be taken out to tea after a matinee was delightful and much appreciated. So that's that. I think that's enough to be going on with !!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey series 2 previews and behind-the-scenes   5 years 37 weeks ago

Don't let him die, he is such a wonderful character. Hope there will be a happy end with Mary!

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 38 weeks ago

I noticed him in "Sense Sensibility", and I thought it was really special and very suitable for the part! Then I saw him again in Downton Abbey, and I realized that it is an actor capable of playing any role, not only the ingenuous!

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 39 weeks ago

I first encountered Dan in The Line of Beauty. I have been a complete
    fan ever since. It was his beguiling smile, captivating eyes and his
    innocent, refreshing demeanor. I try to see everything he's done.
    I hope to see him on stage.

• Reply to: Drama on 3: Widowers' Houses   5 years 41 weeks ago

Cracking performance by Dan in this production - have already left a comment on his Facebook page, but thought another positive comment would not be amiss ! Brilliant cast and fine acting from all A slight departure of character for Dan. Loved it. Never sure where I should leave my name or whatever, but its Pat Giles once again, causing some grief no doubt.

• Reply to: History of a Pleasure Seeker: upcoming audiobook   5 years 42 weeks ago

Hi Dan!
    My name is Ben Stock and I recorded all the music for the HOPS audiobook!
    Looking forward to hearing it!!!
    Yours
    Ben

• Reply to: Article by Dan in the Times   5 years 43 weeks ago

The full review has now been added to the galleries.

• Reply to: Dan mention in the Guardian   5 years 43 weeks ago

The teacher was absolutely right. He is one of those actors that has a very unique distinctive voice. I would know his voice without seeing his face. That is one of the mark of a great actor. I own some of his audio book readings and I never get tired of hearing it. He changes the tones for each character including that of women/young girls, old men and villains.

All the great actors (i.e. Lawrence Olivier, Gregory Peck, Katherine Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, etc.) have very distinctive voice that you would know when you hear it. Sometimes, when these actors are all made up for their characters, I couldn't easily recognize them. As soon as they speak, you know who they are.

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 43 weeks ago

Was in the TV film where David Suchet played Robert Maxwell. Oh good, I thought. Someone with a voice you can drown in.

Helen Bang

• Reply to: Beyond Frankenstein on iTunes   5 years 46 weeks ago

Dan Stevens voice (et al) is also a thing of joy/beauty that will last forever! Many thanks for posting from ajb in the US :-)

• Reply to: History of a Pleasure Seeker: upcoming audiobook   5 years 46 weeks ago

Pat Giles here. Have just endevoured to track the release date of your audio of "The History of the Pleasure Seeker. Shall be interested to hear your descriptions of some of the story lines. What fun, but didn't envy you having to record it. Racy or what.!! But loved the book. A darn good read. Couldn't put it down! 31st. May 2011

• Reply to: Downton Abbey premiere in Australia   5 years 47 weeks ago

I'm so lucky! I managed to get a sneak peek at the first two episodes of Downton Abbey, and reviewed it for online daily newspaper, InDaily [http://bit.ly/ifCvrl]. It's worth the hype - fantastic screenplay, stellar setting and great performances all round. It's great to see more from the perspective of the "working class" in this Edwardian drama too. I especially love Dame Maggie Smith's character - truly, a national treasure.

Dan - you were awfully handsome. I'm so glad to hear you've started shooting the next season, as I don't think the seven episodes will be enough!

Your adoring Adelaide admirer,
    Rubina

• Reply to: Downton Abbey premiere in Australia   5 years 47 weeks ago

I'm counting down the days - the ads looks pretty exciting!!

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 48 weeks ago

Since watching Downton Abbey I purchased the BBC version of Sense and Sensibility and was very pleased with it. Dan was a much more impressive Edward Ferrars than Hugh Grant and a lot easier on the eye! Fantastic voice too! Good Luck with everything you do.

Pat Cooke

• Reply to: Actors' Guild Bursary 2011   5 years 48 weeks ago

The winner will be announced tomorrow.