• Reply to: Coming Up   5 years 43 weeks ago

Dan i love u so much~!!! just marry me !!

• Reply to: My Week: The Telegraph 18th March 2012   5 years 43 weeks ago

Never mind, found it. Delightful!

• Reply to: My Week: The Telegraph 18th March 2012   5 years 43 weeks ago

I'd love to read the column, but your link doesn't work. It brings up either January's column or comments on the March column. Is it here somewhere that I'm missing?

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: Series 2 US premiere & interview   5 years 43 weeks ago

I hope Dan Stevens will take Matthew Crawley to the end of Downton Abbey, however long the show runs.
    I love, love this show and all the cast in it and if he is not Matthew, the show will lose a huge void.... and may even suffer .
    Dan is incredible as Matthew Crawley and I cant see any other actor filling in his shoes. He can do other things when he is not filming Downton....which can only increases his popularity.

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 43 weeks ago

The first time I saw Dan was when he hosted "Have I Got News For You" and was totally mesmerised by his charm, wit and the most incredible eyes I have ever seen. I admit that I had to run a Google search to find out who he was, but gathered that he was part of the Downton Abbey cast after it was mentioned briefly during the show.

Living with someone who is definitely not a fan of period dramas, I had never watched the series, but was drawn to view some clips on YouTube. That was enough to get me hooked, so I bought the entire series on DVD and watched it over a period of two weeks. I am so glad that I did! My 12-year-old daughter has also become a huge fan of the series. She was off school yesterday with a virus and said that a dose of Downton Abbey was better than any medicine. :-)

As a writer myself, I am also impressed by Dan's writing style. How refreshing it is to read articles by someone who adheres to the rules of impeccable English. (I have even been known to "mark" school newsletters and return them in my daughter's school bag, much to her horror).

Can't wait for series 3 of Downton. :-D

• Reply to: My Week: The Telegraph 18th March 2012   5 years 43 weeks ago

I just laughed out loud at Dan's description of his trip to buy a "surprise" Mothers day card for his Wife from Willow. It took me back to my Son when he was that age, no secret's, no pretence, just genuine
    honesty - how sad we lose that as we get older eh?! Thank You Dan for a genuine moment of
    complete joy - I haven't laughed or had such lovely memories for such a long time!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 44 weeks ago

Hello Dan

We will be absolutely devestated if you leave DA before the production ends. You are such an integral and interesting part of the storyline, particularly helped by your wonderful acting! You have given us some awe-inspiring acting on a lot of dreary Sunday evenings in the autumn and we need more of your acting skills.

We know you would like to expand your acting abilities in other roles ie comedies. We are sure you will be wonderful in any role you play but, you cannot let your ever-growning legion of fans down by leaving DA before we reach the final act (and we don't mean the end of Series 3!).

DA won't go on forever - it's only for a few more series and then you can 'take flight' and delve into your acting heart's desire which we are sure you will really enjoy and be very successful.

In the meantime, sign the DA contract for series 4 & 5 and secure your future and keep all your loyal fans happy.

Every success and thank you.

Mul & Dav

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 44 weeks ago

They would have to either kill off Matthew Crawley or recast the role, and both options are ludicrous. Mary cannot possibly lose her true love after all this, and no one else can fill Dan's shoes. On behalf of all the show's American fans, please don't go, Dan!

• Reply to: Summer In February: Evening Standard article & photo   5 years 44 weeks ago

If you are at all interested in Dan's latest project, go to Summer in February Website and subscribe for emails of progress, you will get a delightful update from Jeremy Cowdrey and some fabulous photos of the shooting both in Cornwall and the final days filming at the Royal Academy. But also read the book its an incredible story beautifully written by Jonathan Smith who also wrote the script for the film.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 44 weeks ago

I agree and am adding my voice to your comment...Dan cannot leave Downton Abbey. His fans have invested so much in the Mary and mathew Crawley story and it is huge part of Danton Abbey story. Besides he has such chemistry with all the cast members. I dont want to see a recast of mathew Crawley....

Please sign the damn contract Dan...

I cannot bear not to see you in Downton..

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 44 weeks ago

Once again! - couldn't put it better myself! - I agree wholeheartedly with those comments!
    Dan is so young & his life is all ahead of him - life is short Dan - take & do as much as you can while
    you are young - you won't want or be able to once you age (sadly, so speaks the voice of experience!!)

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 44 weeks ago

I should be brokenhearted if he were to leave the cast! It cannot happen!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 44 weeks ago

Thank you to whoever suported my original Multi Talented Multi Tasking Dan.
    However, I doubt Dan reads our comments, but maybe his agent, family and friends who have some influence do.
    Fantastic as Maggie Smith is as the Dowger Countess Grantham - it is totally believable that a Dowger in her late 70's should fade away without harming the plot. But if Downton loses Dan's Matthew Crawley it will be left with a great void. To even suggest that another actor takes over the role is ludicrous and I doubt if Downton would recover if he was written out.
    At the moment Dan seems to be rebelling against his own success - silly boy! And maybe is in danger of disappointing or losing his many fans on both sides of the pond, not to mention possibly harming his relationship with his fellow actors
    Perhaps Jonathan Smith - the writer of Summer in February and his wise teacher and mentor during his rebellious schooldays might 'have a word'.
    We would all love to see Dan play modern comedy, but not at the expense of leaving unfinished business at Downton. Why can't he do both and please himself and us?

• Reply to: Downton Abbey series 3 & Summer In February updates   5 years 45 weeks ago

I'm sure Dan will make the right decisions regarding his future committments. It will be a pity if Dan decides to withdraw from Downton, but we do not know this as a fact yet. He is hugely talented and has had his fair share of costume dramas, and Vamps, I'm sure will shed a new light on his talents of providing comedy. Whatever the future, Dan will make the right decision for himself and his family. I wish him all the very best for the future, whatever paths he decides to take. Pat Giles

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 45 weeks ago

I couldn't have put it better myself - your comments hit the nail right on the head - well done!! - now if only
    Dan would read our comments? - maybe he would reconsider? or - as you say Downton finishes at
    series 3 & on a real high?

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: some cast sign till season 5?   5 years 45 weeks ago

Speaking on the desire for more lighthearted fare....His Telegraph articles are always amusing, yet insightful also......even doing a bit more of that type thing can lighten the heart when needed. There is definitely more of the serious in the world than any of us actually needs....so please do throw a bit more laughter out there!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 45 weeks ago

Dan has confessed that he has found it tough to do Downton and Summer in February simultaneously; but he didn't mention all the reading he has to do as a Judge for the Booker Prize. Phew! What a schedule!
    So I'm not surprised that he is hesitating at committing to Downton Series 4 & 5 and craves a change to a modern comedy.
    After a break with his family and some time doing more writing (which is as good as his acting), he might consider combining Downton with something light and modern, as I think he did with Vamps.
    But for many of his fans, Downton without his charismatic Matthew Crawley just won't do. If several other major characters are also hasitaitng at committing, perhaps it would be better for Downton to go out on a high at the end of Series 3

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: some cast sign till season 5?   5 years 45 weeks ago

Hope the cast all re-signs.. but we'll have to see what happens in Season 3. It's hard to imagine Mary without Matthew though.. and I'd hate it if they re-casted the character.. Michelle and Dan have great chemistry!

Wonder if Vamps is lighter, it definitely looks modern :) Hoping he doesn't quit Downton Abbey, but whatever he decides to do.. I'll always be a fan! Good luck to him and his family!

I am so sorry to hear Dan may not be doing any further Downton Abbey - he is all period drama out!!
    I can understand that he needs some light drama now - but maybe after a rest he may reconsider-
    he will be so missed- for it will be a sadder show without him. Don't make a hasty decision Dan, as
    you once said you need to bring home the bacon! & for another cliche - don't throw the baby out with the bath water! - you are young & will only be 32 when Downton is finished after its 5th season! Plenty of time
    for modern drama & some good laughs!!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: some cast sign till season 5?   5 years 45 weeks ago

I agree. We must have Matthew. If Dan Stevens won't sign, I would even be in favor of re-casting Matthew over having him written out. I want Dan Stevens to play the character, but if not, I still must have Matthew. What would anyone think of John Krazinski?

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: some cast sign till season 5?   5 years 46 weeks ago

Get with it, man!! We can't have you being written out of the script, now can we?!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: some cast sign till season 5?   5 years 46 weeks ago

The last T.V. programme I really got "into" was Life on Mars & Ashes to Ashes & together they ran for 5 seasons - then stopped - everyone wanting more, but it went out as that, everyone wanting more, so I agree with Dowton Abbey going to 5 seasons & then - out on a high!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: EW.com set photos & Forbes interview   5 years 46 weeks ago

Re: Stevens' comment that it's rare for TV success to cross over to the movies. It's actually not that rare: look at Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies), George Clooney (ER), and numerous SNL stars who used the show to launch successful careers on the big screen. Which brings me to suggest it would be amazing for Dan Stevens or Michelle Dockery to host SNL!!!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 commissioned   5 years 46 weeks ago

Of course this is wonderful news and can't happen soon enough, even though I wish that could be sooner rather than later! Downton Abby is a wonderful escape to another time and place...a place where you can be reminded that despite social stations and positions people are just people. They have heartaches and triumphs, are thrown into situations that they never saw coming, and rise and fall by the strengths of their own character.

It's such fun watching two characters fall in love and heartbreaking to see two lovers you just know are destined to be together kept apart. Downton Abby weaves this tale so exquisitely that you feel that you are peeking into the past and viewing the lives of real people, so well is it written and performed. I cannot wait to see what will happen with poor Anna and John Bates, and watch more of Matthew and Mary together. And poor Edith! Will she ever get to be happy?

So there you have it, season 3 can't be finished fast enough!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 commissioned   5 years 46 weeks ago

It is a shame that the leadership were not confident of their product. It was my daughter that introduced me to the series. I really liked all the sub-movies within the movie. I'd love to get my popcorn and take a weekend and run through them all. Hurry up! I've been through the first two a couple of times already.

• Reply to: The Sunday Telegraph: hot-desking   5 years 47 weeks ago

So glad that the filming in Cornwall went well for Dan's new venture - now looking forward to seeing it!
    Please come back to Cornwall in the summer! - it's even nicer then!! perfect for a family holiday
    Willow would love the soft sand (yes it is soft in the summer - only frozen in the winter - promise!!)

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: InStyle photoshoot video   5 years 47 weeks ago

They all look so gorgeous don't they? especially Dan!!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: trading cards and paper dolls   5 years 48 weeks ago

Oh dear! - if it were toilet paper I might think it was funny - and maybe buy some!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 production begins   5 years 48 weeks ago

Can't Wait! -So proud of this beautifully written and beautifully acted British programme -