• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: set photos on Marie Claire UK   5 years 12 weeks ago

Can't Wait! - just hope this dreadful weather we are having doesn't interrupt filming too much -
    I thought everyone looked very cold in the photo's shown by the Mail online - those big coats
    made it look like they were in January, now April!! Hope too this isn't the last we see of Dan as
    Matthew! - every character in Downton makes the programme the special one it is, but Dan is
    very important to the whole structure of the story line. I just love the whole thing about Downton
    it is my escape from this poor country we have become from the Great Britain portrayed in
    Downton, we have lost the standards held so high back then. Moan over! well done Julian for
    transporting us all to a better time.

• Reply to: The Making of Planet Earth and The North London Book of the Dead   5 years 13 weeks ago

Great job narrating The Making of Planet Earth! I really enjoyed watching it.

• Reply to: Olivier Awards photos   5 years 14 weeks ago

BE STILL MY HEART!

What a MAN!! Gorgeous and talented....

• Reply to: Coming Up   5 years 14 weeks ago

Dan Stevens...you are just too gorgeous for words.
    Please, please do not leave Downton A until it is finished. No one can play Matthew like you and I just love the chemistry between you and Michelle dockery.

I'll cry if you leave Downton before it is completed.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 14 weeks ago

Is Hilde available with English subtitles? I've looked everywhere and can't find it anywhere. I so want to see it!!!!

• Reply to: Olivier Awards photos   5 years 14 weeks ago

Can't find the words really - just COR!! - will that do??!!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 14 weeks ago

Mr. Stevens-
    PLEASE do not do this to my heart! Your character Matthew Crawley is one of the finest and well-written which has ever been. Your character's magnetism is also largely due to your acting talents. Not wishing to be overly dramatic, but yet truly from my heart to yours, I cannot even think of your character being written out, or - perish the thought- another actor taking your rightful place! You are Matthew Crawley, and he shall remain in my heart as long as memory serves. I know you are quite in demand now- but no character you ever play will be greater than Matthew Crawley. You are beloved by millions- yes- millions- here in America, and I'm sure, in all of Britain as well. There is no one who could ever replace you! It is my hope that you will read all of these heartfelt comments. I do mean mine with all of my heart, and thank you for all of the entertainment, we ladies do so love well-written and masterfully-portrayed romance, after all. I continue to wish you God's blessings.

• Reply to: Babysitting: trailer for BIFF 2012   5 years 14 weeks ago

Looks good & well worth watching! - the kind of silly, but very funny British farce that us
    Brits do so well. Good luck with it Dan.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 15 weeks ago

I second what Mul and Dav said above - you HAVE to stay with Downton! You have brought the character of Matthew Crawley to life and millions around the world are rooting for Matthew and Mary's journey together. We have constantly been in awe of the epic love story, and are captivated by your portrayal of Matthew. No one can do this better than you can! Just stay two more seasons - you can still do comedies, or a host of other roles, as well as reading, writing, all in between Downton, right? Please listen to your fans, Dan!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 15 weeks ago

I would not have said it better. Why would you want to leave such a successful show at its peak and disppoint your fans? You did a fantastic job portraiting Matthew and it could be the thing that people remember you for years to come. We are rooting for you. Please stay.

• Reply to: Jean-Philippe Rio-Py at The Box   5 years 16 weeks ago

And very best wishes to you both for the happy event.

• Reply to: Jean-Philippe Rio-Py at The Box   5 years 16 weeks ago

If I,m not mistaken good wishes are in order for the lovely couple in the picture! - They both look well
    but Suzie looks blooming! doesn't she?

• Reply to: Coming Up   5 years 16 weeks ago

Please continue on Downton Abbey, you are one of my favorite characters. The show would not be the same without you. You play the perfect gentleman--with sexy blue eyes. You shine in Downton Abbey, I loved your character immediately--it is a perfect fit for you. You will surely break my heart if you do not continue at least through five seasons.

Your beloved fan,

Patsy

• Reply to: My Week: The Telegraph 18th March 2012   5 years 16 weeks ago

I CANT WAIT!

• Reply to: Vamps: NYC premiere in April   5 years 16 weeks ago

Wish they would hurry up and release it so we can see Dan in action.

• Reply to: Coming Up   5 years 18 weeks ago

Dan i love u so much~!!! just marry me !!

• Reply to: My Week: The Telegraph 18th March 2012   5 years 18 weeks ago

Never mind, found it. Delightful!

• Reply to: My Week: The Telegraph 18th March 2012   5 years 18 weeks ago

I'd love to read the column, but your link doesn't work. It brings up either January's column or comments on the March column. Is it here somewhere that I'm missing?

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: Series 2 US premiere & interview   5 years 18 weeks ago

I hope Dan Stevens will take Matthew Crawley to the end of Downton Abbey, however long the show runs.
    I love, love this show and all the cast in it and if he is not Matthew, the show will lose a huge void.... and may even suffer .
    Dan is incredible as Matthew Crawley and I cant see any other actor filling in his shoes. He can do other things when he is not filming Downton....which can only increases his popularity.

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 18 weeks ago

The first time I saw Dan was when he hosted "Have I Got News For You" and was totally mesmerised by his charm, wit and the most incredible eyes I have ever seen. I admit that I had to run a Google search to find out who he was, but gathered that he was part of the Downton Abbey cast after it was mentioned briefly during the show.

Living with someone who is definitely not a fan of period dramas, I had never watched the series, but was drawn to view some clips on YouTube. That was enough to get me hooked, so I bought the entire series on DVD and watched it over a period of two weeks. I am so glad that I did! My 12-year-old daughter has also become a huge fan of the series. She was off school yesterday with a virus and said that a dose of Downton Abbey was better than any medicine. :-)

As a writer myself, I am also impressed by Dan's writing style. How refreshing it is to read articles by someone who adheres to the rules of impeccable English. (I have even been known to "mark" school newsletters and return them in my daughter's school bag, much to her horror).

Can't wait for series 3 of Downton. :-D

• Reply to: My Week: The Telegraph 18th March 2012   5 years 18 weeks ago

I just laughed out loud at Dan's description of his trip to buy a "surprise" Mothers day card for his Wife from Willow. It took me back to my Son when he was that age, no secret's, no pretence, just genuine
    honesty - how sad we lose that as we get older eh?! Thank You Dan for a genuine moment of
    complete joy - I haven't laughed or had such lovely memories for such a long time!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 19 weeks ago

Hello Dan

We will be absolutely devestated if you leave DA before the production ends. You are such an integral and interesting part of the storyline, particularly helped by your wonderful acting! You have given us some awe-inspiring acting on a lot of dreary Sunday evenings in the autumn and we need more of your acting skills.

We know you would like to expand your acting abilities in other roles ie comedies. We are sure you will be wonderful in any role you play but, you cannot let your ever-growning legion of fans down by leaving DA before we reach the final act (and we don't mean the end of Series 3!).

DA won't go on forever - it's only for a few more series and then you can 'take flight' and delve into your acting heart's desire which we are sure you will really enjoy and be very successful.

In the meantime, sign the DA contract for series 4 & 5 and secure your future and keep all your loyal fans happy.

Every success and thank you.

Mul & Dav

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 19 weeks ago

They would have to either kill off Matthew Crawley or recast the role, and both options are ludicrous. Mary cannot possibly lose her true love after all this, and no one else can fill Dan's shoes. On behalf of all the show's American fans, please don't go, Dan!

• Reply to: Summer In February: Evening Standard article & photo   5 years 19 weeks ago

If you are at all interested in Dan's latest project, go to Summer in February Website and subscribe for emails of progress, you will get a delightful update from Jeremy Cowdrey and some fabulous photos of the shooting both in Cornwall and the final days filming at the Royal Academy. But also read the book its an incredible story beautifully written by Jonathan Smith who also wrote the script for the film.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 19 weeks ago

I agree and am adding my voice to your comment...Dan cannot leave Downton Abbey. His fans have invested so much in the Mary and mathew Crawley story and it is huge part of Danton Abbey story. Besides he has such chemistry with all the cast members. I dont want to see a recast of mathew Crawley....

Please sign the damn contract Dan...

I cannot bear not to see you in Downton..

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 19 weeks ago

Once again! - couldn't put it better myself! - I agree wholeheartedly with those comments!
    Dan is so young & his life is all ahead of him - life is short Dan - take & do as much as you can while
    you are young - you won't want or be able to once you age (sadly, so speaks the voice of experience!!)

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 19 weeks ago

I should be brokenhearted if he were to leave the cast! It cannot happen!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 19 weeks ago

Thank you to whoever suported my original Multi Talented Multi Tasking Dan.
    However, I doubt Dan reads our comments, but maybe his agent, family and friends who have some influence do.
    Fantastic as Maggie Smith is as the Dowger Countess Grantham - it is totally believable that a Dowger in her late 70's should fade away without harming the plot. But if Downton loses Dan's Matthew Crawley it will be left with a great void. To even suggest that another actor takes over the role is ludicrous and I doubt if Downton would recover if he was written out.
    At the moment Dan seems to be rebelling against his own success - silly boy! And maybe is in danger of disappointing or losing his many fans on both sides of the pond, not to mention possibly harming his relationship with his fellow actors
    Perhaps Jonathan Smith - the writer of Summer in February and his wise teacher and mentor during his rebellious schooldays might 'have a word'.
    We would all love to see Dan play modern comedy, but not at the expense of leaving unfinished business at Downton. Why can't he do both and please himself and us?

• Reply to: Downton Abbey series 3 & Summer In February updates   5 years 19 weeks ago

I'm sure Dan will make the right decisions regarding his future committments. It will be a pity if Dan decides to withdraw from Downton, but we do not know this as a fact yet. He is hugely talented and has had his fair share of costume dramas, and Vamps, I'm sure will shed a new light on his talents of providing comedy. Whatever the future, Dan will make the right decision for himself and his family. I wish him all the very best for the future, whatever paths he decides to take. Pat Giles

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 20 weeks ago

I couldn't have put it better myself - your comments hit the nail right on the head - well done!! - now if only
    Dan would read our comments? - maybe he would reconsider? or - as you say Downton finishes at
    series 3 & on a real high?