• Reply to: History of a Pleasure Seeker: upcoming audiobook   5 years 47 weeks ago

Hi Dan!
    My name is Ben Stock and I recorded all the music for the HOPS audiobook!
    Looking forward to hearing it!!!
    Yours
    Ben

• Reply to: Article by Dan in the Times   5 years 48 weeks ago

The full review has now been added to the galleries.

• Reply to: Dan mention in the Guardian   5 years 48 weeks ago

The teacher was absolutely right. He is one of those actors that has a very unique distinctive voice. I would know his voice without seeing his face. That is one of the mark of a great actor. I own some of his audio book readings and I never get tired of hearing it. He changes the tones for each character including that of women/young girls, old men and villains.

All the great actors (i.e. Lawrence Olivier, Gregory Peck, Katherine Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, etc.) have very distinctive voice that you would know when you hear it. Sometimes, when these actors are all made up for their characters, I couldn't easily recognize them. As soon as they speak, you know who they are.

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   5 years 48 weeks ago

Was in the TV film where David Suchet played Robert Maxwell. Oh good, I thought. Someone with a voice you can drown in.

Helen Bang

• Reply to: Beyond Frankenstein on iTunes   5 years 51 weeks ago

Dan Stevens voice (et al) is also a thing of joy/beauty that will last forever! Many thanks for posting from ajb in the US :-)

• Reply to: History of a Pleasure Seeker: upcoming audiobook   5 years 51 weeks ago

Pat Giles here. Have just endevoured to track the release date of your audio of "The History of the Pleasure Seeker. Shall be interested to hear your descriptions of some of the story lines. What fun, but didn't envy you having to record it. Racy or what.!! But loved the book. A darn good read. Couldn't put it down! 31st. May 2011

• Reply to: Downton Abbey premiere in Australia   6 years 2 days ago

I'm so lucky! I managed to get a sneak peek at the first two episodes of Downton Abbey, and reviewed it for online daily newspaper, InDaily [http://bit.ly/ifCvrl]. It's worth the hype - fantastic screenplay, stellar setting and great performances all round. It's great to see more from the perspective of the "working class" in this Edwardian drama too. I especially love Dame Maggie Smith's character - truly, a national treasure.

Dan - you were awfully handsome. I'm so glad to hear you've started shooting the next season, as I don't think the seven episodes will be enough!

Your adoring Adelaide admirer,
    Rubina

• Reply to: Downton Abbey premiere in Australia   6 years 3 days ago

I'm counting down the days - the ads looks pretty exciting!!

• Reply to: What first brought Dan to your attention?   6 years 1 week ago

Since watching Downton Abbey I purchased the BBC version of Sense and Sensibility and was very pleased with it. Dan was a much more impressive Edward Ferrars than Hugh Grant and a lot easier on the eye! Fantastic voice too! Good Luck with everything you do.

Pat Cooke

• Reply to: Actors' Guild Bursary 2011   6 years 1 week ago

The winner will be announced tomorrow.

• Reply to: My Dear I Wanted to Tell You: review from the Independent   6 years 1 week ago

Have read the book and played the audio of this truly great book, I cannot recommend it highly enough. Feel the audio gives the light and shade of the many characters brilliantly brought to life by Dan. Worthy of an award for best audio, and the author deserves the highest praise for her research into what must have been a harrowing journey into the work of Skin Grafting and special techniques required in dreadful circumstances, A truly great piece of work.

Pat Giles 21st. May 2011

"phenomenal Dan Stevens"...too true!

• Reply to: History of a Pleasure Seeker: upcoming audiobook   6 years 2 weeks ago

Looking forward to your racy new endeavor! Currently listening to "Fall of Giants"- astounding job BTW!

• Reply to: Actors' Guild Bursary 2011   6 years 3 weeks ago

Have heard nothing I'm afraid - shall ask if I get the chance.

• Reply to: Actors' Guild Bursary 2011   6 years 3 weeks ago

Stilll have no idea what time this event is taking place or where. Anyone any ideas pls.?

• Reply to: Actors' Guild Bursary 2011   6 years 4 weeks ago

Would like to know how the recipient of this Bursary is chosen. A panel of theatre critics, or maybe chosen by his or her Drama School? The award is of enormous benefit to the winner and can only be beneficial to his or her future in this uncertain and precarious profession. Perhaps we can be notified in The Stage or another theatrical publication with the name and photograph of the winner. and I wish the actor/actress every good wish for the future.

• Reply to: Vamps: new hi-res photos released   6 years 5 weeks ago

lovely selection of photographs from "Vamps". Looking forward to seeing the film when released. Dan looks great and the girls look adorable !

• Reply to: My Dear I Wanted To Tell You - now available   6 years 9 weeks ago

I have this unabridged audio on order for some time and awaiting delivery of same - should b soon

• Reply to: Coming Up   6 years 9 weeks ago

photograph of Dan with a mass of blonde hair. Wow. Great. Suits him. Can't wait for movie release